ActiveHTML what a joke!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laporter
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: ActiveHTML what a joke!!! Reply with quote

I had my asp working but then realized my nt box was on FAT so I convert to NTFS so I can setup security. After that my ASP pages come up as blank white pages. I check all my settings and they seem fine. I then decide to upgrade my abyss to the latest version, planed to do that anyway. Then I start getting this error message ASP_: Execute: Fehler bei Shareware-INIT API (2:0x2): 'The system cannot find the file specified. ': . So I email selisoft and their answer is sorry the free version is not supported you must upgrade and buy our product. Looks like they are following after microsoft. Back to the old drawing board.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
the knight
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another company turning out to a stupid idea launched by some other peoples...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Ilix
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol @ their "support"

Well, I've installed (in my own way) on a computer running windows 98 SE. I know it works, but I get the same problem with blank pages. I hope to solve this, the computer is too old to run a newer version of windows than 98, but it makes a perfect web server.

How to 'install' activehtml on win98: I simply copbied an installation from my winxp computer, and then downloaded and installed the VB6 runtime dll's. It seems to work, but I still get blank pages, which I hope is better than error messages :)

/Ilix
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
stuntedheight
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ActiveHTML what a joke!!! Reply with quote

laporter wrote:
I had my asp working but then realized my nt box was on FAT so I convert to NTFS so I can setup security. After that my ASP pages come up as blank white pages. I check all my settings and they seem fine. I then decide to upgrade my abyss to the latest version, planed to do that anyway. Then I start getting this error message ASP_: Execute: Fehler bei Shareware-INIT API (2:0x2): 'The system cannot find the file specified. ': . So I email selisoft and their answer is sorry the free version is not supported you must upgrade and buy our product. Looks like they are following after microsoft. Back to the old drawing board.

If you want the full version (the install made before those bastards made people pay for it) of ActiveHTML, just search something like "download ActiveHTML" or "download ahtml.exe" on google or something.

It worked for me. Now Ive got a full ver.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: