Ryst.NET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kushSeven
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Ryst.NET Reply with quote

After having ALOT of success with Abyss X1 I have decided to use it for my entire website. My website was orignialy hosted by canaca.com which for awhile I couldn't trust my site to be 99% online. I have moved my entire website to my server machine and I will be cancling my account with canaca. I am now saving alot of money with Abyss and soon plan on buying X2.

Before I give you the link I want you to know what you are going to see. Ryst is a emulated version of Ultima Online that you can play for FREE. Ultima Online is a MMORPG that has been around since 1997 and still somewhat going strong. The actuall servers which are ran by OSI/EAGAMES are slowly going down hill ever since AOS. However, there is alot of players and servers in the emulation community keeping the game going. I orig. took control of Ryst around 2003. The original creators no longer play Ultima Online and I havn't spoken to them in along time. We are still a small server but we are fun.

I'm sure after reading so far you are wanting to check out the site. Well without further keeping you back here is the link.

http://www.ryst.net

This will redirect you to the main page of the site where you can read the news, see the player of the month, and click from many links which take you to many places.

If you have gotten to this line of text I'm guessing you are interested in playing? If you are interested in playing you can find how to join and get on your way here.

You can also add me to MSN/YIM/ICQ/AIM/GoogleTalk/IRC

MSN = msn[at]ryst[dot]net
YIM = coca_cola_4000[at]yahoo[dot]com
ICQ = 158383315
AIM = ryst07
gTalk = kushseven[at]gmail[dot]com
IRC = irc.runuo.com(default port), room: #ryst

Thanks. Tell me what you think.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
flashy.hopto.org
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your web sites takes more then 40 secounds to load, on 2 mbs provider not very good shoud be much more faster.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takes under 5 seconds here. You were probably having problems at the time.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryst.NET Reply with quote

kushSeven,

The first access took about 5 seconds but susequent accesses were very fast (may be your computer was sleeping at that time or may be there is a network latency problem with your ISP).
Yami King
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it loads in 2 sec @ my place :P
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jibbajabba
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice site shame i don't play stuff like that, site loaded straight away just had to wait for images to load which took about 10secs so excellent work.
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having lag issues because of the 250+ sites which are trying to grab information from me. This is because I setup a toplist very long ago and I think I might have to get rid of it for now because its causing lag... but right now I took it down but these 250+ sites are still trying to get information from me and lagging my gaming server.

When I look at my logs or even the counter in about 1 second I get about 3-10 hits... :(

Sorry if the website does take a bit of time to load... I need to figure out a way to fix this...

Last edited by kushSeven on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very overloaded then. You should change the page to a blank html page. This will bring the load down considerably. Eventually they will notice you have taken it off and stop linking to the page.
kushSeven
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So load times will go down if i just put a blank html page there isntead of them getting a 'not found' or 'forbidden' error?
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kushSeven wrote:
So load times will go down if i just put a blank html page there isntead of them getting a 'not found' or 'forbidden' error?

Yes because a not found or forbidden error is distributing data, about 1KB each time someone accesses it. A blank page is no data except the request data.
kushSeven
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to ^ the server machine should be handling a little bit better :)
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loads a little slower than Google. :) I love Google as my second best friend :lol:.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: