how to use CGI scripts in my websites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deren
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: how to use CGI scripts in my websites Reply with quote

I have installed Abyss Web Server X1 (v 2.0.6). I m new to web designing, Icame to know about CGI scripts to make my website more intractive. I downloaded couple of CGI scripts. I have created a website using microsoft word ( Sorry but i cudnt get the free software),My websites is working perfectly on LAN. Also i downloaded and configured PERL as mentioned in the help. Now i need to know how to add and run those scripts and how to configure the parameters either of server or of those scripts ( it is a simple script that shows date and time). Please note my website is not in htdocs but some other folder.and i created a folder named cgi-bin in the same website folder and i have copied my cgi file in the same. when i type path "http://mywebsite/cgi-bin/myfile.cgi" in internet explorer, it shows the date and time. But i dont know how to add that date to appear on my website.
Please help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use an iFrame, which is simply:

Code:
<iframe src="/cgi-bin/myfile.cgi" width="400" height="50"></iframe>

This is probably the easiest way to implement it but you would most likely need to edit the HTML yourself as M$ Word does not have the function to my knowledge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: