Why not work interbase extension with Abbyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manchuri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Why not work interbase extension with Abbyss Reply with quote

I want to connect interbase (in PHP), I follow the steps on the instructions of php web,(it's activate the php_interbase extension) but when I try to execute a simple php program .... it doesn't work.
You know Why?

Sorry for my English, it's not my native languaje.
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Interbase, PHP, Abyss Reply with quote

Hi,

Okay, you say that you cannot execute a simple PHP program. Does that mean that you do not have PHP configured correctly for Abyss?

Does the following work:

Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

If it does then your problem might be with the Interbase access protocol (or whatever) in PHP. I assume that you have correctly installed that?!

Do you have:

Code:
magic_quotes_sybase = On

in php.ini, if on Linux, have you done:

Code:
PHP --with-interbase[=DIR]

if in Windows, do you have all the correct dlls? Do you have the correct version of PHP? Is Interbase compatability pre-compiled into the Windows version?

Oh, and what about Interbase? Do you have it setup correctly, have you tried the test scripts that come with it? (going out on a limb here, I assume they have some tests that can be run, like in MySQL)

Then finally, what is the error that you get? And maybe a little piece of code to help sombody help you...

Cheers,

Jack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jack,

About Interbase it's installed correctly, I know because I work all the days with this database. About the PHP, I think it's installed ok because I execute very little simple programs but I don't know it really, because I'm learning it.
The problem start when I activate in PHP.INI the param: "extension=php_interbase.dll", then when I try to execute the same little simple program it doesn't work.
Another thing, these simple programs doesn't call any function of Interbase.

I've this line
Code:
magic_quotes_sybase=On

I use Abyss, PHP and Interbase in a P200, Ram 64Mb with W98 SE[/code]
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

The problem start when I activate in PHP.INI the param: "extension=php_interbase.dll", then when I try to execute the same little simple program it doesn't work.

Check that the extension is really pointing on the DLL. Check paths and so on in the PHP.INI file or simple enter the full path of php_interbase.dll in that line.
Manchuri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put the php_interbase.dll archive in all the directories that I've imagined, and I try too to write the full path in this line and in the "extension_dir" Param, but nothing. I can't do that Abyss and PHP with Interbase extension work.

I've looking for problems in Internet about php_interbase or the installation of PHP and all the world do that I have done. Then I think it's relationated with Abyss.

I haven't got any ideas, please żanymore ideas?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manchuri wrote:

I've looking for problems in Internet about php_interbase or the installation of PHP and all the world do that I have done. Then I think it's relationated with Abyss.

I haven't got any ideas, please żanymore ideas?

php_interbase is a PHP thing not an Abyss thing. Abyss Web Server has no responsibility on running PHP code. It is php.exe that does the job. So please review your database installation and your php_interbase.dll extension installation in order to locate the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: