Mysql help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anastaciocorporation
-

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Mysql help Reply with quote

I am trying to install mysql so it can be used on my Abyss server with PHP. How do I configure it so it works with the server?

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nquin321
-

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try looking in the tutorial section?

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1070
-

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did what the tutorial instructed, but the green light did not turn on. By the way I am trying to install PHPBB and so far its just MYsql that I need installed, because this is what it says on the page after I am finished with the install page, "Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in Z:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB-2.0.8a\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in Z:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB-2.0.8a\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in Z:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB-2.0.8a\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error "
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the task manager for "mysqld.exe" or "mysqld-nt.exe." If they aren't running, open the MySQL\bin directory and depending on your system, click on either "mysqld.exe" or "mysqld-nt.exe." If you run NT/2000/XP/2003, then click on "-nt." If you run 95/98/Me, click on the normal one. Then open winmysqladmin.exe and check for a green light.

Oh, and if they are running already, kill them, and re-open them.
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I checked the process and it is under winmysql, but it still does not work.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you saw "mysqld.exe" but it doesn"t work?

Try killing the process, and restarting it. Or, reinstall MySQL (that's worked for a lot of people).
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not working.
anastaciocorporation
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THis is what it says, Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in Z:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB-2.0.8a\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in Z:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB-2.0.8a\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in Z:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB-2.0.8a\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that means MySQL is down, or you typed in the wrong information into phpBB. What did you type in to access the database (such as server name, username, database name, et cetera)?
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Database Configuration
Database Server Hostname / DSN: localhost
Domain: 68.35.164.177
server port: 98
script path: phpBB-2.0.8a/phpBB2/
Prefix for tables in database: phpbb_
Foxified
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

server port: 98 ?

im sure the default is like 3306....

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My server is on port 98 http://68.35.164.177:98 but is there a default for MySQL or PHPbb???
anastaciocorporation
-

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm also having trouble registering to a chat room I have on my server and this is what it says when I am finished signing up, "Sorry a database error occured:
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)" I think I am having major problems with MySQL. Is there any set up I have to go through within the console of Abyss for MySQL?
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is nothing you have to configure with Abyss.

Try reinstalling MySQL one more time to see if it works (and MAKE SURE you have a green light in the taskbar). If that doesn't work, then good luck, as I'm out of ideas.
-

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I did everything to set up the MySQL DB but the green light either isn't there or is and I have no idea what to look for... I don't have any errors just no green light. I ran the mysqld.exe and mysqlasmin.exe scripts but nothing happens other than the cmd coming up and running it. I need help please...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After running winmysqladmin.exe, you should be looking for this:

See it?
-

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally have everything working, thanks for your help. I hav eone question though. On my PHPBB forum it works, but it is real slow, would you happen to know anything about PHPBB??
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It runs slow because there are a lot of steps involved with getting the database to display.

You have to send the request for it to load, Abyss has to open up php.exe and send it the code, php.exe has to interpret the code and gather all the data from MySQL, then php.exe has to send back the completed HTML to Abyss, and Abyss has to send it back to the user. Just think of it as "internet friction." Sadly, there is no simple (and free) solution to make it run significantly faster. The only way to do it is to (1) get a faster computer, and (2) get a faster internet connection.
-

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I see. Its way better then nothing lol. Thanks anyway, appreciate it.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.
-

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, yeah, I still don't see it....Oh, wait. I was cliking on th wrong button (STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!) Thanks anyways...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: