YaBB..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neb
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: YaBB.. Reply with quote

I thought the board worked but it didn't. I followed the yabbforum.com installation guide, and it went smooth but when I entered my IP (the site name) and the extensions (cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi and .pl - because I changed it to see any difference) and when it went to that link it showed me the coding. Instead of the page that it's supposed to show, it shows me the codes that I would see on a Word Editor (Notepad)

I took off the folders linked to YaBB off of the server, cgi-bin, htdocs, etc.. Just so maybe I can redo any mistakes, etc..
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Neb
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I just put in the PERL interpreter, with help from the Aprelium.com assistance but now when I type in the board URL, it says it can't be found. Don't have a router or anything if that may be a problem seeing that I'm clueless.
nquin321
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are getting the 404 error?
It is probably not the router.

Are you sure you have the right url?
Neb
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

It says..

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

I put the right URL.
nquin321
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn of abyss.

Go to the abyss folder then the log folder and delete the cgi.log

Restart abyss

go to yabb

open the cgi.log file

post what has in there
Neb
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I went back to the URL work, it didn't work but I opened the cgi.log file and it says:

"flock() unimplemented on this platform at ./Sources/Subs.pl line 942."
nquin321
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're running yabb on a Windows 9x ("Windows 9x" includes Windows 95, 98, and ME, but not Windows 2000) system, you may get a "flock() unimplemented on this platform" error. This is because file locking, an important Perl feature which yabb uses, isn't available on Windows 9x.

I think there is a way around this, but I am not sure.
nquin321
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the fix

open you settings.pl or settings.cgi file

find this

set to 2

$use_flock = 1; # Set to 0 if your server doesn't support file locking,
# 1 for Unix/Linux and WinNT, and 2 for Windows 95/98/ME
Neb
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch man, it works now.

The only thing is that I can't see the images on the front page. You know like the Login image, etc.. Hot topic image. They're all X's.

I reassured that I had the right URL but something is wrong.
Neb
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Here is the code, maybe you can find any flaws:

Code:
###############################################################################
# Settings.pl                                                                 #
# YaBB: Yet another Bulletin Board                                            #
# Open-Source Community Software for Webmasters                               #
# Version:        YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3                                        #
# Released:       December 2001; Updated April 6, 2003                        #
# Distributed by: http://www.yabbforum.com                                    #
# =========================================================================== #
# Copyright (c) 2000-2003 YaBB (www.yabbforum.com) - All Rights Reserved.     #
# Software by: The YaBB Development Team                                      #
#              with assistance from the YaBB community.                       #
# Sponsored by: Xnull Internet Media, Inc. - http://www.ximinc.com            #

########## Board Info ##########
# Note: these settings must be properly changed for YaBB to work

$maintenance = 0;                                                     # Set to 1 to enable Maintenance mode
$guestaccess = 1;                                                     # Set to 0 to disallow guests from doing anything but login or register

$language = "english.lng";                                            # Change to language pack you wish to use
$mbname = "FRC Hosting Support Forums";                                  # The name of your YaBB forum
$boardurl="http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi";      # URL of your board's folder (without trailing '/')

$Cookie_Length = 360;                                                 # Default minutes to set login cookies to stay for
$cookieusername = "admin";                                     # Name of the username cookie
$cookiepassword = "admin";                                     # Name of the password cookie

$RegAgree = 1;                                                        # Set to 1 to display the registration agreement when registering
$emailpassword = 1;                                                   # 0 - instant registration. 1 - password emailed to new members
$emailnewpass = 0;                                                    # Set to 1 to email a new password to members if they change their email address
$emailwelcome = 1;                                                    # Set to 1 to email a welcome message to users even when you have mail password turned off

$mailprog = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";                                     # Location of your sendmail program
$smtp_server = "smtp.your_url.com";                                   # Address of your SMTP-Server
$webmaster_email = q ^getbentttt@aol.com^;                         # Your email address. (eg: $webmaster_email = q^admin@host.com^;)
$mailtype = 0;                                                        # Mail program to use: 0 = sendmail, 1 = SMTP, 2 = Net::SMTP

########## Directories/Files ##########
# Note: directories other than $imagesdir do not have to be changed unless you move things

$boarddir = ".";                                                      # The server path to the board's folder (usually can be left as '.')
$boardsdir = "./Boards";                                              # Directory with board data files
$datadir = "./Messages";                                              # Directory with messages
$memberdir = "./Members";                                             # Directory with member files
$sourcedir = "./Sources";                                             # Directory with YaBB source files
$vardir = "./Variables";                                              # Directory with variable files
$facesdir = "../../YaBBImages/avatars";                               # The server path to your avatars (userpics) folder
$facesurl = "http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/YaBBImages/avatars";  # URL to your avatars folder
$imagesdir = "http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/YaBBImages";         # URL to your images folder
$ubbcjspath = "http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/ubbc.js";           # URL to your 'ubbc.js' (REQUIRED for post/modify to work properly)
$faderpath = "http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/fader.js";           # URL to your 'fader.js'
$helpfile = "http://127.0.0.1/htdocs/YaBBHelp/index.html"; # URL to your help file

########## Colors ##########
# Note: equivalent to colors in CSS tag of template.html, so set to same colors preferrably
# for browsers without CSS compatibility and for some items that don't use the CSS tag

$color{'titlebg'} = "#6E94B7";                                        # Background color of the 'title-bar'
$color{'titletext'} = "#FFFFFF";                                      # Color of text in the 'title-bar' (above each 'window')
$color{'windowbg'} = "#AFC6DB";                                       # Background color for messages/forms etc.
$color{'windowbg2'} = "#F8F8F8";                                      # Background color for messages/forms etc.
$color{'windowbg3'} = "#6394BD";                                      # Color of horizontal rules in posts
$color{'catbg'} = "#DEE7EF";                                          # Background color for category (at Board Index)
$color{'bordercolor'} = "#6394BD";                                    # Table Border color for some tables
$color{'fadertext'}  = "#D4AD00";                                     # Color of text in the NewsFader (news color)

########## Layout ##########

$maintenancetext = "We are currently upgrading our forum.  Please check back shortly!";
                                                                      # User-defined text for Maintenance mode (leave blank for default text)
$MenuType = 0;                                                        # 1 for text menu or anything else for images menu
$curposlinks = 0;                                                     # 1 for links in navigation on current page, or 0 for text without link
$profilebutton = 0;                                                   # 1 to show view profile button under post, or 0 for blank
$timeselected = 4;                                                    # Select your preferred output Format of Time and Date
$allow_hide_email = 1;                                                # Allow users to hide their email from public. Set 0 to disable
$showlatestmember = 1;                                                # Set to 1 to display "Welcome Newest Member" on the Board Index
$shownewsfader = 1;                                                   # 1 to allow or 0 to disallow NewsFader javascript on the Board Index
                                                                      # If 0, you'll have no news at all unless you put <yabb news> tag
                                                                      # back into template.html!!!
$Show_RecentBar = 1;                                                  # Set to 1 to display the Recent Post on Board Index
$showmarkread = 1;                                                    # Set to 1 to display and enable the mark as read buttons
$showmodify = 1;                                                      # Set to 1 to display "Last modified: Realname - Date" under each message
$ShowBDescrip = 1;                                                    # Set to 1 to display board descriptions on the topic (message) index for each board
$showuserpic = 1;                                                     # Set to 1 to display each member's picture in the message view (by the ICQ.. etc.)
$showusertext = 1;                                                    # Set to 1 to display each member's personal text in the message view (by the ICQ.. etc.)
$showgenderimage = 1;                                                 # Set to 1 to display each member's gender in the message view (by the ICQ.. etc.)
$showyabbcbutt = 1;                                                   # Set to 1 to display the yabbc buttons on Posting and IM Send Pages

########## Feature Settings ##########

$enable_ubbc = 1;                                                     # Set to 1 if you want to enable UBBC (Uniform Bulletin Board Code)
$enable_news = 1;                                                     # Set to 1 to turn news on, or 0 to set news off
$allowpics = 1;                                                       # set to 1 to allow members to choose avatars in their profile
$enable_guestposting = 1;                                             # Set to 0 if do not allow 1 is allow.
$enable_notification = 1;                                             # Allow e-mail notification
$autolinkurls = 1;                                                    # Set to 1 to turn URLs into links, or 0 for no auto-linking.

$timeoffset = 0;                                                      # Time Offset (so if your server is EST, this would be set to -1 for CST)
$TopAmmount = 15;                                                     # No. of top posters to display on the top members list
$MembersPerPage = 35;                                                 # No. of members to display per page of Members List - All
$maxdisplay = 20;                                                     # Maximum of topics to display
$maxmessagedisplay = 15;                                              # Maximum of messages to display
$MaxMessLen = 5500;                                                   # Maximum Allowed Characters in a Posts
$MaxSigLen = 200;                                                     # Maximum Allowed Characters in Signatures
$ClickLogTime = 100;                                                  # Time in minutes to log every click to your forum (longer time means larger log file size)
$max_log_days_old = 30;                                               # If an entry in the user's log is older than ... days remove it
                                                                      # Set to 0 if you want it disabled
$fadertime = 1000;                                                    # Length in milliseconds to delay between each item in the news fader
$timeout = 5;                                                         # Minimum time between 2 postings from the same IP

########## Membergroups ##########

$JrPostNum = 50;                                                      # Number of Posts required to show person as 'junior' membergroup
$FullPostNum = 100;                                                   # Number of Posts required to show person as 'full' membergroup
$SrPostNum = 250;                                                     # Number of Posts required to show person as 'senior' membergroup
$GodPostNum = 500;                                                    # Number of Posts required to show person as 'god' membergroup

########## MemberPic Settings ##########

$userpic_width = 65;                                                  # Set pixel size to which the selfselected userpics are resized, 0 disables this limit
$userpic_height = 65;                                                 # Set pixel size to which the selfselected userpics are resized, 0 disables this limit
$userpic_limits = qq~Please note that your image must be <b>gif</b> or <b>jpg</b> and that it will be resized.~;
                                                                      # Text To Describe The Limits

########## File Locking ##########

$LOCK_EX = 2;                                                         # You can probably keep this as it is set now.
$LOCK_UN = 8;                                                         # You can probably keep this as it is set now.
$LOCK_SH = 1;                                                         # You can probably keep this as it is set now.

$use_flock = 2;                                                       # Set to 0 if your server doesn't support file locking,
                                                                      # 1 for Unix/Linux and WinNT, and 2 for Windows 95/98/ME

$usetempfile = 0;                                                     # Write to a temporary file when updating large files.
                                                                      # This can potentially save your board index files from
                                                                      # being corrupted if a process aborts unexpectedly.
                                                                      # 0 to disable, 1 to enable.

$faketruncation = 0;                                                  # Enable this option only if YaBB fails with the error:
                                                                      # "truncate() function not supported on this platform."
                                                                      # 0 to disable, 1 to enable.

1;
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me comment on a couple things with your configuration file:
1. Your board will not be able to send email. You currently have it configured on the local mail function; which Windows does not have. Use BLAT if you still want to use the local mail function. If you have an SMTP server, then use that instead.
2. About your images: You have the paths set up wrong. "http://127.0.0.1/htdocs" is not a real path. You do not need to put "/htdocs" at the end, because 127.0.0.1 already represents "C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs." Also, if you put 127.0.0.1 as your URL, only you will be able to view your website. You need to put your real IP Address. Find it at www.whatismyip.com if you do not know.
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Everything has been sorted out. Images, and files have been edited, now the page in general, plus the script are all fine and working perfectly. Thanks for all the input both Inanimate and nquin, thanks.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i told you it was easy.

one of the easiest boards around.

mawuahahaha :)
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well most boards are pretty easy. I would say boards with conf files can be the hardest; not because it is hard to use, but it can be intimidating for some people, and people also do not always keep the syntax. I think boards such as phpBB with GUI installations will arise less problems with end users; not because it is easier, but because it seems "more friendly."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: