HELP!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
munchiedude
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: HELP!!!! Reply with quote

i have been trying, unsuccessfully to install phpnuke on my system, after a long few hard hours, i have managed to set up mysql, phpyadmin and set up a database called nuke. although, now when i try click on http://localhost/phpnuke/index.php to try to get to the main phpnuke startup page i get the following error msg

Notice: ob_end_clean(): failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete. in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\Phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined variable: forum_admin in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\Phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined variable: inside_mod in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\Phpnuke\mainfile.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined variable: inside_mod in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\Phpnuke\db\db.php on line 44

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\Phpnuke\db\db.php on line 88

being a complete novice, i have got the foggiest what it means, can anyone at all help me?!

ps register_globals is on if that helps.

thanks in advance,
munchie
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!! Reply with quote

You should disable notices in PHP. Read http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2437 for more information.
topniz
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!! Reply with quote

munchiedude wrote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\Phpnuke\db\db.php on line 88

Besides disabling notices as mentionned by aprelium, insure your phpnuke paths (browse the code and try to find the undefined function). Try to see if they are to be declared as virtual paths for Abyss.
Trix
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldnt it be abyss web server\HTDOCS ?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
topniz
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not...

Look, just register called directory paths (in your phpnuke scripts) as virtual paths, so the server can find the desired script and their includes...

Furthermore (but less secure), try to use path petterns or (which i don't recommand) try including '/' to your cgi paths.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: