ADODB.Connection- Error '8007007f' ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IB_Deadbeat
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: ADODB.Connection- Error '8007007f' ??? Reply with quote

Evening all. Wonder if someone a little more astute than me can help me with this error:

"ADODB.Connection- Error '8007007f'

C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\gabisplace\default.asp, line 4247"

This error started recently, and my faulty memory can't recall anything being changed from one day to the next? I use AbyssWS to test and edit an ASP portal site before uploading changes to the live site. Things work perfectly on the live site, but not on my test box.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ADODB.Connection- Error '8007007f' ??? Reply with quote

This kind of errors is hard to track especially because of the way ADO components are spread accross a Windows system. It seems that installing new ADO components can cause such problems. Have you installed/reinstalled MDAC recently (Microsoft Data Access Components)?
IB_Deadbeat
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Sorted! Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Aprelium.

I had done a little research since making my original post, and whilst I couldn't remember specifically installing or uninstalling anything leading up to my problem, I found suggestions that MDAC conflicts were indeed the problem.

Found, downloaded and ran the MDAC Component Checker from MS (here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/d/f/cdfd58f1-3973-4c51-8851-49ae3777586f/MDAC_TYP.EXE ) which reported a .dll version conflict. It told me that it expected oledb32.dll 2.7.1.9030 but got 2.7.2.9031. I found a copy of the expected version (9030) elsewhere on the hard drive, copied it to the proper location and things are working perfectly again 8) .

Thanks again for the excellent product and support!
Peace
IB_DB
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: