new CGI problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
endparadox
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: new CGI problem Reply with quote

I recently installed ActiveHTML and for some reason now my cgi won't work. I have a cgi counter on my index page and instead of writing the count where I have it placed, it writes the actual cgi script. The same with my guestbook, instead of submitting, it opens the cgi file... What is the deal?
Is it ActiveHTML screwing things up? I checked my cgi log and nothing. There's nothing pertaining to the problem. Once again I'm lost...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: new CGI problem Reply with quote

endparadox wrote:
I recently installed ActiveHTML and for some reason now my cgi won't work. I have a cgi counter on my index page and instead of writing the count where I have it placed, it writes the actual cgi script. The same with my guestbook, instead of submitting, it opens the cgi file... What is the deal?
Is it ActiveHTML screwing things up? I checked my cgi log and nothing. There's nothing pertaining to the problem. Once again I'm lost...

When CGI shows up, it is mainly because of the CGI Paths, CGI settings. If these are OK, you should also configure ActiveHTML to run ASP from tthe directory where your scripts are (other than /ahtml). To do so:
* run ActiveHTML configuration (you'll find it in the start menu)
* Press Connect
* Go to Directory Aliases
* In the fields at the bottom of the window enter the virtual directory (for
example /) and its real path (c:\program files\abyss web server\htdocs for
example).
* Press save at the right bottom of the window
* Press save at the top of the window

We're waiting for your feedback.
endparadox
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: boy, do I feel stupid... Reply with quote

I found the problem. A few weeks ago I had a system crash and I had to reformat my harddrive. After re-installing Abyss, I configured everything the way I had it before... everything except: CGI Processing Enabled. Some how I skipped right over it. Needless to say, I now have it Enabled and cgi is running just fine. :oops: However, I didn't know about the configuration in AHTML so thanks for that tidbit of knowledge...
I will say this, for your software being free, aprelium has the best and timeliest support I've ever seen. Keep up the great work, and if I ever feel the need to look like a moron again anytime soon, I'll drop you a line with another problem... (probably be asp related next time...) so,
Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: