error 500? what is an internal server error?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 11:43 am    Post subject: error 500? what is an internal server error? Reply with quote

i have a form that posts to login.php but when i tested it i got "parse error unexpected T_VARIABLE" and realised i had forgotten a semi-colon. i fixed my mistake but now when i submit my form, the page takes ages to unload and then pops un with an internal server error. what can be the causes of this?

-the whackaxe
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: error 500? what is an internal server error? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
i have a form that posts to login.php but when i tested it i got "parse error unexpected T_VARIABLE" and realised i had forgotten a semi-colon. i fixed my mistake but now when i submit my form, the page takes ages to unload and then pops un with an internal server error. what can be the causes of this?

-the whackaxe

An error 500 in your case means that the script you use spend a lot of time to execute. So the web server aborted it. You should review your script to see why it takes so long to run (may be there is an infinite loop ?)
^InFlames^

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: error 500? what is an internal server error? Reply with quote

-the whackaxe[/quote]
An error 500 in your case means that the script you use spend a lot of time to execute. So the web server aborted it. You should review your script to see why it takes so long to run (may be there is an infinite loop ?)[/quote]

Just to have the information... is there a way to keep the webserver from aborting from processing a script?

}:)>
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: error 500? what is an internal server error? Reply with quote

^InFlames^ wrote:

Just to have the information... is there a way to keep the webserver from aborting from processing a script?

}:)>

We will provide in the future a CGI timeout parameter to allow users tuning the time before script's abortion. But for now, CGI timeout is set to 10 seconds and its value cannot be changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: