Linking to a hard drive on the network

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rangdo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Linking to a hard drive on the network Reply with quote

Hello!

I have a network of 3 pc's at home and I run ICS. The webserver is running happily on the pc linked up to my ADSL connection. I want to provide a password protected link from my index page to a hard drive on one of my other networked PC's which holds nothing but mp3's.

I created a virtual directory called /music which maps to the network drive, and created the hyperlink for it.

The password protection works but then I get a HTTP 500 internal server errror.

What am I doing wrong? I can't get it to work.... help would be much appreciated!
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Linking to a hard drive on the network Reply with quote

It seems that there is a problem when linking an alias to a network share directly using \\computername\share . We recommand mapping the share to a drive, say n: for example and linking your alias to that drive instead.
You can also contact us at support@aprelium.com to get a test version of Abyss Web Server that solves that problem.
Rangdo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - although it doesn't solve my problem, I have discovered something interesting.

An alias for a mapped network drive will work for folders (eg h:\windows) and produce a directory index, but it WON'T work for drive roots (eg h:\)

Is this a bug?

I want to list mp3's on my hard drive, they are all in the root and so I can't see them. I could work around this by moving them all into a single folder though.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangdo wrote:
Thanks for that - although it doesn't solve my problem, I have discovered something interesting.

An alias for a mapped network drive will work for folders (eg h:\windows) and produce a directory index, but it WON'T work for drive roots (eg h:\)

Is this a bug?

I want to list mp3's on my hard drive, they are all in the root and so I can't see them. I could work around this by moving them all into a single folder though.

Please wait for the new patched version of Abyss Web Server X1. It will fix both problems you encountred. In the meanwhile, putting the files in a subdirectory is a good workaround.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: