ASP.NET ---> Abyss -----> Please Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mecnunbabe
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: ASP.NET ---> Abyss -----> Please Help Reply with quote

I configured my abyss server as documentation shows. I showed all folders as applications in which I got my .aspx pages. And server automatically assigned Framework which is 1.1.

For test purpose, in my root directory I write a test page that display something like hello word using VB script. It works good which means abyss works with ASP.net on my server.

The problem is My real application that works in IIS is not working in Abyss and displays error:

Exception Details:

System.Web.HttpException: Invalid file name for monitoring: ''. File names for monitoring must have absolute paths, and no wildcards.

This application first check user name and password and after that redirects the user according to the requested link. I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in Advance :D
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ASP.NET ---> Abyss -----> Please Help Reply with quote

mecnunbabe,

Could you please post here the full error report (with the full exception context)?
austaz
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the exact same issue, after also setting up an ASP.Net application which works fine on IIS under Abyss. Here are the full exception details:

Server Error in '/AuthenticationTest2/bin' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid file name for monitoring: ''. File names for monitoring must have absolute paths, and no wildcards.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Invalid file name for monitoring: ''. File names for monitoring must have absolute paths, and no wildcards.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid file name for monitoring: ''. File names for monitoring must have absolute paths, and no wildcards.]
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringPath(String alias, FileChangeEventHandler callback) +657
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency.Init(Boolean isPublic, Boolean isSensitive, String[] filenamesArg, String[] cachekeysArg, CacheDependency dependency, DateTime utcStart) +1490
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(Boolean isSensitive, String[] filenames, DateTime utcStart) +28
System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.GetCacheDependencies(Hashtable cachedeps, DateTime utcStart) +151
System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.ComposeConfig(String reqPath, IHttpMapPath configmap) +717
System.Web.HttpContext.GetCompleteConfigRecord(String reqpath, IHttpMapPath configmap) +379
System.Web.HttpContext.GetCompleteConfig() +48
System.Web.HttpContext.GetConfig(String name) +187
System.Web.CustomErrors.GetSettings(HttpContext context, Boolean canThrow) +19
System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Exception e, Boolean canThrow) +40
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FinishRequest(HttpWorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context, Exception e) +480

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2407; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407

The application is a very basic ASP.net application. It is just one page, with a label, and some code in the Page_Load event that populates the label with the text "Hello World".
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please send to our technical support email your ASP.NET application as well as your abyss.conf file? Please do not forget to add a reference to that forum post.
slavetonone
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: I am having the same issue Reply with quote

Hi,

I know it has been several months since the last reply to this thread, but I am having the same issue. I see that information was sent to aprelium about this issue, but a resoltuion was never posted. Can one of you let me know the resolution here? Aprelium, I am currently using the free version, but if I have to purchase for this answer or support, I will do so. I am on a time crunch to get this done, so any help soon would be great! Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Slavetonone
sandypeter111
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: RE : Reply with quote

Can you give full information???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: