IRC site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: IRC site Reply with quote

new site address is www.chat-hctech.co.nr

Last edited by hc2995 on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:18 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bprsk8r4272
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is up all the time and im on a network and have 3 firewalls on both computers its been like this for like 5 months or more and havent had one problem just keep your stuff up to date and if someone wanted to hack you they would now know the time to do it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im on a network with 3 other PC's a laptop and a PDA. No firewalls run on any pc except 1, never been hacked, never had viruses, nothing, in the 1 year 1 month Ive been running it. If someone was going to hack you they would do it properly. Keep backups and youll be fine.
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i take mine offline at night couse if something happens at night im not up so i cant take care of it :| but during the day im awake so i can handle it that second :D
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hc2995 wrote:
yea i take mine offline at night couse if something happens at night im not up so i cant take care of it :| but during the day im awake so i can handle it that second :D

Well the point of a webserver is that its always there for visitors to look at. If a hacker was to compromise the system he'd do it anonymously and it would be too late once you realise, so whether your there or not its going to do damage.

All you need to do is make sure you have adequete firewalls and antivirus checkers and you will be fine. Don't be so paranoid.
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i plan to leave it online 100% of the time but after i get some of the maintenance done (up grades for the OS (microsoft just released a batch of them so i got to run that) and my norton subscription is expiring so im goina switch to mcafee (comcast gives it free with server :D) so ill be done in a few hours (3 max))
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW DOMAIN: www.hctech.co.nr
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

changed the site again now you can have a free site on my site :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: