CVS, SubVersion and SQLite

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slibbe
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: CVS, SubVersion and SQLite Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience on installing CVS or SubVersion under Abyss?

The same question applies for SQLite allthough that should be fairly simple. If I figure that out, I will post it here anyway.

slibbe
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: CVS, SubVersion and SQLite Reply with quote

slibbe,

CVS, Subversion, and SQLite are independant from the web server. They can work on the same computer where there is a web server but remain technically independant.

There are CVS/Subversion web managers/viewers which are scripts that could be installed on a web server. Their setup is not different from the setup of any other script: install the language they are written in (PHP, Perl, Python, ...), declare it in Abyss Web Server, configure the script, and start browsing it.

SQLite does not also connect directly with Abyss Web Server. To use it, you must have scripts that create/read/update/delete recods in an SQLite database. These scripts can be in any language (since almost any scripting language these days has support for SQLite).
twotone
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking into installing some type of cvs system like subversion. Subversion server has 2 ways of allowing connections from clients.

1 - Subversion uses Apache for its server for client connections - for example, see here
2 - Subversion uses its own server for client connections

So I guess the real question slibbe is asking, and the one I want to know is: Can Abyss be used as subversion's server, or the server for another cvs system?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it doesn't look like it could be setup with Abyss in place of Apache for that particular configuration given on that site. Its an Apache module. There might be other compatible systems though. I've never used CVS or Subversion personally, so I can't comment.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twotone wrote:
So I guess the real question slibbe is asking, and the one I want to know is: Can Abyss be used as subversion's server, or the server for another cvs system?

The answer is no since that mode requires low level communications between SVN and the Web server. For Apache, the SVN people have written a specific module to make that possible. On other Web servers, no such module/extension exists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: