Can CGI Interpreter links be relevant?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbgunz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Can CGI Interpreter links be relevant? Reply with quote

I tried so many different methods to make a relevant link work in the console but I cannot get one to work...

I am trying to change my PERL path from being absolute to being relevant...

This is the absolute path
C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\ActivePerl 5.8.0 build 804\ActivePerl\Perl\bin\perl.exe

And no other path will work as a relevant path except for this one
/ActivePerl 5.8.0 build 804/ActivePerl/Perl/bin/perl.exe

Thanks for any suggestions :)
vbgunz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Im sorry Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that though Abyss wont let me put in any other variation of the relevant link and it will accept it, it wont work... :?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Can CGI Interpreter links be relevant? Reply with quote

vbgunz wrote:
I tried so many different methods to make a relevant link work in the console but I cannot get one to work...

I am trying to change my PERL path from being absolute to being relevant...

This is the absolute path
C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\ActivePerl 5.8.0 build 804\ActivePerl\Perl\bin\perl.exe

Relative paths do not start with a slash. So enter just 'ActivePerl 5.8.0 build 804\ActivePerl\Perl\bin\perl.exe'.
vbgunz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Thnak you Aprelium Reply with quote

You're correct it works flawlessly with the Perl interpreter... I wish to do it with ASP and PHP so all should be fine correct? If you do not answer I will take it as it should cause no problem but if a problem can arise I would sure love to know about it.

Otherwise yes, Perl works great :)

--
Victor B. Gonzalez
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Thnak you Aprelium Reply with quote

vbgunz wrote:
You're correct it works flawlessly with the Perl interpreter... I wish to do it with ASP and PHP so all should be fine correct? If you do not answer I will take it as it should cause no problem but if a problem can arise I would sure love to know about it.

Otherwise yes, Perl works great :)

--
Victor B. Gonzalez

As long as you install your other interpreters inside the Server Root, you can refer to them using their relative paths.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: