Bellsouth ISP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaneLineAddict
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Bellsouth ISP Reply with quote

I'm using Bellsouth DSL and my router is Westell WireSpeed. It didn't come with any software for it though. I'm running winXP, and I can't figure this thing out.

My routers IP is 68.18.225.234

I can go to http://localhost/ and it works fine. I type in my computers IP and it works fine. I've set the port to 8080 and I can access it, but when my friends try to access it, they can't. I send them the IP above, I send them my local one, but I'm at a loss. I'm not behind a firewall at all. I'm just an idiot, and need some help. My AIM is LaneLineAddict and YIM is joe_cool_1530 feel free to IM me or even email, swimmingbum@hotmail.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Bellsouth ISP Reply with quote

Have allowed incmoing traffic on port 8080 in your Windows XP. XP has an integrated firewall.
LaneLineAddict
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do I go to do that??
tv2Rob
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you need to learn something, go to google or yahoo or whatever and ask the question as you would somebody, you will be surprised how fast you will learn how to do things for yourself that way. Anyway here is a hint...

Click on the start button then right click on My Network Places. In the menu that opens click on Properties.
This will open the Network Connections window. Right click on your Local Area Connection or Dial-up Networking Connection Icon and click Properties.
In the Connection Properties window click on the Advanced tab.
Place a check in the box next to Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the internet.
For more information on how to use and set up the Internet Connection Firewall to suit your individual needs click on Learn more about Internet Connection Firewall.
Click OK after configuring your Internet Connection Firewall settings.

:wink:
LaneLineAddict
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that...Still no good. :evil: :?: :x :(
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bellsouth ISP Reply with quote

Your friends must access your web server using the router's IP and the port you configured on the router to forward traffic to your 8080 port. Please review the configuration of your router.
abyssme
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you need is to go to this web site that you will find your actual internet ip not a local ip. http://ipid.shat.net/ . Your web server should point to your local ip Ex. 192.168.10.100, but people on the internet will connect to your computer by recognized your internet ip. Bookmark this web site for references.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: