Can a web server run a public site behind a network?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbgunz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Can a web server run a public site behind a network? Reply with quote

I tried helping someone today and figured out they were behind a network address of "192."... Though I can see it as impossible for them to run a public server is there a work around or perhaps anything that can help them other than them running it direct from the master PC?

I think I know the answer but you know there usually is a work around or a bridge type program out there... Just curious... :)

Thanks again for your time :)
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless they have access to the main pc or router, no. If they do, they need to set up some sort of port forwarding so that all traffic to, for example, port 80, is redirected to that system..sorry I can't be more specific...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vbgunz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: good enough but port forwarder? Reply with quote

Thanks for your idea... I will look into searching for a port forwarder as soon as time permits... It sounds sharp, thanks :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: