Actiontec modem/router issue.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ngyoshi
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Actiontec modem/router issue. Reply with quote

I recently upgraded to Fios and they provided us a modem/hub for the coax and ethernet. It is an Actiontec M1424WR and is fairly new.

I basically have everything set up on my server that I did when I was using my old router... at the time I had my site up and running with no issues.

Going into this modem/router I told it to forward port 80 (TCP and UDP) to the local address (192.168.1.x) and also clicked the DMZ option.

I can see my sites and what not, but no one can see me that is not on the network. Does anyone have guidance working with this modem/router. It feels more of a pain to work with than my old one. I really would like my server up again.

Thanks in advance,

NGYoshi
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check you have the correct IP and that your modem doesnt also need port forwarding enabled in it.

Also check that your new ISP (I presume its a new one) doesnt block port 80.
wolaniuk
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have been working with this router -- pain in the A--!.

Two Items to note:

1 - Verizon is my ISP and it blocks port 80.

2 - Actiontec has a internal bridge problem which caps the wireless bridge to the internet at 3.5megs. I have 15megs down and 2megs upload. Wired connection gets 15/1.8 megs. wireless as a 54mbs connection but a internet speed connection of 3.5/1.8 megs. -- per steve at actiontec "this is a known problem with the internal bridge and a firmware upgrade has been written and made availble to verizon for testing." Per Verizon techs "uuugh???". The senior tech supervisor was the only one who knew about the issue. No known release date for the firmware. I when back to using my old router - atleast I am getting 7/1.8 megs speeds over my wireless.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: