Setup of Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzy214
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Setup of Linux Reply with quote

How hard is to setiup linux, abyss on linux, php, mysql, and imagemagick? Mind you I know nothing bout linux other than a few times I used a bart pe live cd....
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know nothing about linux then your going to have a very hard time. I suggest sticking to windows if thats what you are familiar with. If you really want to use linux then I suggest you learn the basics first such as basic shell commands. You'll get nowhere without them.
roganty
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Setup of Linux Reply with quote

ozzy214 wrote:
How hard is to setiup linux, abyss on linux, php, mysql, and imagemagick? Mind you I know nothing bout linux other than a few times I used a bart pe live cd....

It all depends on how much patiance you have!

for me mysql was the easiest to install
php was a pain, as it had to be compiled, and you have to make sure that any options you set in compiling php have the required dependencies (i still haven't got it quite right - but it works with mysql, and anything else i might need)

as for abyss....
this has been discussed previously, and to get abyss to use port 80, you need to install it as root, set the sticky bit (!) as something-or-other, do the first run under a normal account, change the file permissions. I think there is something else, but im not sure

good posts to read:
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4484
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2443

as long as you take the time to go through the manuals, then everything will install fine, and it will all just run

The thing i didn't like was not knowing exactually where install them (php&mysql)
as i like to keep my file system neat, and everything in its place

Roganty
| Links-Links.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: