Help! 500 error...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Help! 500 error... Reply with quote

I'm running Win95, Abyss, and php 4.3.0 (the smaller download from php.net). I have no idea what I'm doing- I want to set up my local comp. so that I can learn php. Installations went on all right, it said everything was installed good, but when I try to run the "Hello World" test script (cut & pasted directly from the tutorial on php.net), I get this popup:

"Error Starting Program
The php.exe file is linked to missing export kernel32.dll:Cancello"

What is it talking about??? How can I fix this?? Help!
Cat
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Help! 500 error... Reply with quote

Cat wrote:
I'm running Win95, Abyss, and php 4.3.0 (the smaller download from php.net). I have no idea what I'm doing- I want to set up my local comp. so that I can learn php. Installations went on all right, it said everything was installed good, but when I try to run the "Hello World" test script (cut & pasted directly from the tutorial on php.net), I get this popup:

"Error Starting Program
The php.exe file is linked to missing export kernel32.dll:Cancello"

What is it talking about??? How can I fix this?? Help!
Cat

We tested the new version of PHP and we installed it without any problem (On Windows 2000.) It runs also without problems.
The error message you receive means that either the PHP package you downloaded includes a bug (redownload it) or that your Windows operating system has not been updated since a long time (that's why PHP complaints about the Kernel32.dll which do not contain some functions.)
Anyway, we recommend that you redownload PHP. If you still have problems, write a bug report to the PHP team and try downloading the old version 4.2.3 from http://www.php.net/downloads.php .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: