PC remote access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marty_
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: PC remote access Reply with quote

PC remote access. (iam not refering to abyss server thats fine)

Is it possible to setup a PC to allow remote access, without have an Administrator password.

Problem iam having is my server (xp machine) is in my attic, if my server crashes the machine (pc) needs to be restarted. I had an administrator password on it, but that ment going upto the loft and typing in the bloody password, so i removed it, now I only have to reset the power and the maching will restart on its own etc.. however I cant use remote access.

I did setup a different remote access username and password prior but now it doesnt work. Is there a trick to this or do I need to put the administrator password back ?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
RTAdams89
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that only one piece of software crashes, and the computer is not frozen, you could use RealVNC (or any other VNC) to remote control it.
Marty_
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers looks promising, i'll try that later, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: