Wordpress uploadinng error on my Abyss server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmx
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Wordpress uploadinng error on my Abyss server Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm using Abyss X1, php 5.0.17, mysql 5.0.1 locally on XP/SP2 and are trying to set up Wordpress 2 on it.
Installing went flawless, running it seems good, but when i try upload a file pr picture in the upload file section when you write a post i get the below errors which i only can guess is something i need to enable/disable in my php.ini.. or?
Thing is that the picture i tried to upload is actually uploaded when i check the server and a thumbnail is created aswell.. but i never see any picture in WP.

I'm not very good at all this so i'm not sure where i should look.. is it a php, abyss or even mysql issue?
I tried installing the same WP on a webhotell and there it works as it should.. it's my local abyss installation that i'm having problem with.

I highly appreciate any input.

/ Johny

Code:
WordPress database error: [Field 'post_content_filtered' doesn't have a default value]
INSERT INTO wp_posts (post_author, post_date, post_date_gmt, post_content, post_title, post_excerpt, post_status, comment_status, ping_status, post_password, post_name, to_ping, pinged, post_modified, post_modified_gmt, post_parent, menu_order, post_mime_type, guid) VALUES ('1', '2006-01-25 05:36:06', '2006-01-25 04:36:06', 'omslag', 'Alicia', '', 'attachment', 'open', 'open', '', 'alicia', '', '', '2006-01-25 05:36:06', '2006-01-25 04:36:06', '3', '0', 'image/jpeg', 'http://localhost/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/19639.jpg')

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3]
SELECT category_id FROM wp_post2cat WHERE post_id =

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1)' at line 2]
INSERT INTO wp_post2cat (post_id, category_id) VALUES (, 1)

WordPress database error: [Out of range value adjusted for column 'post_id' at row 1]
INSERT INTO wp_postmeta (post_id,meta_key,meta_value) VALUES ('','_wp_attached_file','C:\www\htdocs\blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/19639.jpg')

WordPress database error: [Out of range value adjusted for column 'post_id' at row 1]
INSERT INTO wp_postmeta (post_id,meta_key,meta_value) VALUES ('','_wp_attachment_metadata','a:4:{s:5:\"width\";i:350;s:6:\"height\";i:357;s:14:\"hwstring_small\";s:22:\"height=\'96\' width=\'94\'\";s:4:\"file\";s:55:\"C:\\www\\htdocs\\blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/19639.jpg\";}')
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wordpress uploadinng error on my Abyss server Reply with quote

jmx,

Abyss does no more than getting the output from the PHP script and sending it back to the connected browser.

Please read http://wordpress.org/support/topic/49232 and let us know if it helps. WordPress seems to have some issues with MySQL 5 (we tested it with MySQL 4/PHP 5/Abyss X1 and it worked fine for us).
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the same as Aprelium and it was great but why word press e107 v7 is much better option. ;-)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jmx
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Thank you for your help!

You were right, i installed mysql 4.1 instead and now it works perfect :)

MrWiseOne
I took a look at e107 and it seemed nice, but i find WP easier and cleaner looking than e107 :)

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fare enough but it is an arguing battle soughta thing (what the ... ? o.0) which is better, e107 - stacks of features Word press not so many.. (couldnt thing of anything at the time hehe).
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cgancos
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have an issue uploading files when I am writing a post. I get the error:

"Unable to create directory C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/03. Is its parent directory writable by the server?"

I have PHP 4.1.2 and MySQL 4.0.24 (i think). I'm pretty sure the problem is that in the above error message it has slashes and back-slashes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgancos wrote:
I also have an issue uploading files when I am writing a post. I get the error:

"Unable to create directory C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/03. Is its parent directory writable by the server?"

I have PHP 4.1.2 and MySQL 4.0.24 (i think). I'm pretty sure the problem is that in the above error message it has slashes and back-slashes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No. Backslashes and slashes are displayed correctly in the path (and they are the same for Windows) so that's not the problem.

The error message is about a directory being not writable. So please check that C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\wordpress/wp-content and probably C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\wordpress/wp-content/uploads/ are not read only (right click on the directory icon in Explorer, select Properties and uncheck read-only).
cgancos
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried that a lot. Whenever i go to properties it has a faded check in the Read-only box. If i click it once it goes away, if i click it twice the dark checkbox is there. But, if i uncheck the read-only box and go to OK, and then go back to properties it always comes back up as a gray check. What's the deal?
cgancos
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i was struggling with was getting the security tab to show in Windows. I've got that under control. But I can't seem to get check boxes to stay how i set them. They always go back to their previous values and/or that dim check
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgancos wrote:
One thing i was struggling with was getting the security tab to show in Windows. I've got that under control. But I can't seem to get check boxes to stay how i set them. They always go back to their previous values and/or that dim check

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418&sd=tech may help you solve the problem with Explorer and its Security tab.
cgancos
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed PHP 4.4.2, and reinstalled wordpress and it works now.... so I'm guessing it doesnt work with PHP 4.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: