frontpage server extensions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nwar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: frontpage server extensions Reply with quote

I just downloaded and installed the abyss web server and I gotta say I have been pretty impressed with how easy it has been to set it up and get it going. I actually have a web server up and running!

However, I publish my web pages using Frontpage 2000 and I have not figured out a way to add the frontpage extensions to the Abyss console. Does anyone have any idea how to get this done. I have a form on my web page but the submitt function on it is not working now... :roll: I am assuming it is because the extensions are not supported on the Abyss Web server.

I would truely appreciate any help at all.

Thanks,

Norma
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: frontpage server extensions Reply with quote

nwar wrote:
I just downloaded and installed the abyss web server and I gotta say I have been pretty impressed with how easy it has been to set it up and get it going. I actually have a web server up and running!

However, I publish my web pages using Frontpage 2000 and I have not figured out a way to add the frontpage extensions to the Abyss console. Does anyone have any idea how to get this done. I have a form on my web page but the submitt function on it is not working now... :roll: I am assuming it is because the extensions are not supported on the Abyss Web server.

I would truely appreciate any help at all.

Thanks,

Norma

FP Extensions are a Microsoft proprietary technology and it isn't supported on Abyss Web Server. You can still design your web site with Front Page and use them on Abyss Web Server but any form should use a scrip written in a scripting language such as PHP, Perl, or ASP.
nwar
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I was not sure exactly how that worked. So most of the webpage functions I do on frontpage should work with the exception of the forms?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

nwar wrote:
Thanks for the info. I was not sure exactly how that worked. So most of the webpage functions I do on frontpage should work with the exception of the forms?

No, not exactly. You can use FrontPage. Only some of the Web Components need FP Server extensions and won't work with Abyss Web Server.
To use FrontPage without any trouble, you can configure it in order to "forget" (or hide) features that require these extensions. You can look at the section called "Enable or disable features that require the FrontPage Server Extensions" in the Help of FrontPage. In a few words, go to menu "Tools", select "Page options...", then "Compatibility" and uncheck the box "Enabled with Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: