Access and Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddequincey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Access and Abyss Reply with quote

Ive downlaoded the activeHTML files and followed the instructions but when I open my asp page none of the data from my db is displayed (but the rest of the page is). I havent got Access installed on the computer Im testing this with - is this the problem?

Im running XP home edition.

Any help appreciated.
eddequincey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Further Info Reply with quote

<%
openStr = "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _
"dbq=" & Server.MapPath("data.mdb")
Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
cn.Open openStr
%>

When i view the source for the page the asp code isnt being parsed into html and appears as above (but not on the page). Any ideas?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Access and Abyss Reply with quote

eddequincey wrote:
Ive downlaoded the activeHTML files and followed the instructions but when I open my asp page none of the data from my db is displayed (but the rest of the page is). I havent got Access installed on the computer Im testing this with - is this the problem?

Im running XP home edition.

Any help appreciated.

You should configure your ODBC dirvers correctly. You should also test that the demo scripts in the /ahtml directory work when invoked from the brower (using http://yoursite/ahtml/ .) If they don't work, please check your ActiveHTML installation. If they work but scripts in other location don't, open the ActiveHTML configuration (from the Start menu) and play with the parameters there.
eddequincey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

Ive managed to fix it fiddling with one of the settings. I am amazed at how brilliant this server is. Having tried apache last year and struggled for a week trying to get it to work with php and mysql this is a fantastic alternative. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: