need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
netbuddy
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: need help Reply with quote

Hi guys, I could do with some help with being pointed in the right direction.

I need to build a dynamic site, it needs to have some pretty extensive features like subdomains, no downloading of files or images, etc. It needs to employ some form of security to ensure that user accounts are not tampered with.

As for the database, it will be used to hold some personal information that is supplied by the account holder, this data will be basic information like real name, address, mobile telephone & telephone number and other public information. The account holder will have access to and be able to change some information and even close and delete the account...

IM going to be buying some hosting with PHP & mySql support and will be using the space to host my friends site and my girlfriends site, my friend site only requires an image gallery and guest book type thing or some form of feed back / email portal that she can access from the web. My girlfriend has diferent needs in as far as she runs a DJ agency thats in need of a bit of dynamic control as it is slowly growing and here current ISP only allows static HTML pages.

To make my life easier I decided that PHP & mySql would be the best option but now IM trying to wrap my head around this PHP stuff, its spinning a bit and would appreciate some kind of direction.
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's like saying "I like cars, teach me how to make one?" to an extent.
I think you'll need to be a lot more specific.

I also fail to see what this has to do with Abyss unless your ISP runs it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM looking for PHP help, I need to set up a computer with Abyss, MySql and PHP.

Some of the things I need to have I have outlined and would like some help with information or where to get it.

I have installed Abyss no problem.

I will be using Abyss as my testing server, the site will be deployed and run by a professional hosting company. So I need to secure things in a way that the information is not readable off the remote server (eg, by an employee of the hosting company) so some code obfuscation is needed.

I have been looking through the forums and find the information intresting but lack the knowledge of how the language is used and constructed, I have programmed before but not with PHP so IM a total newbie in this field.
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My site has some PHP and SQL tutorials...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
netbuddy
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, will look at them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: