Port 80 Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DsurioN
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Port 80 Problems Reply with quote

I have this odd problem with my website... Whenever i start my server up on port 80, my website is viewable for other people on the same ISP as me, but not other ISP's. However, when I use a port number other than 80, everyone sees it perfectly. Does anyone have a solution to this? I have port forwarding working perfectly...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a restriction in place by your ISP. There is nothing you can do about this except to use another port.
DsurioN
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... That's what I thought. Oh well, I'll just have to use a port 80 redirect. I wonder why people of the same ISP can see it though?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DsurioN wrote:
Hmm... That's what I thought. Oh well, I'll just have to use a port 80 redirect. I wonder why people of the same ISP can see it though?

Not sure. Its unusual to block to anyone outside the ISP. Its usually everyone or no-one.
lspence
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Port 80 Problems Reply with quote

DsurioN wrote:
I have this odd problem with my website... Whenever i start my server up on port 80, my website is viewable for other people on the same ISP as me, but not other ISP's. However, when I use a port number other than 80, everyone sees it perfectly. Does anyone have a solution to this? I have port forwarding working perfectly...

I may be having the same/similiar problem that you are. A lot of people can see my website, with a few expections. As of now, people using a RoadRunner cable from Houston, and Cox cable from Houston, can't get on my website. I'm using SBC Yahoo DSL.

I'll switch from port 80 to port 8080, and see if that works.

DsurioN, who is your Internet provider?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: