I'm baaack!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlp09550
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: I'm baaack! Reply with quote

Heya everyone, I haven't been posting basically because of what we've been doing to prepare for the house movers to move our new house onto our lot. Anyways, I'm more likely going BACK to Abyss, but I need some help. I don't have a way to define the MX records and all the other required records. I used to have WHM working them, but I don't have access to it anymore. I don't get the DNS places that are free to use, but I need to use namservers. My domain registor does not provide the ability to define such records. So, if someone is good at working this somehow, please post here or contact me on MSN, Yahoo, or AIM. Thank you. :)

P.S. I really would like this to be done ASAP since my current host is treating us like we're nothing. :(

EDIT- I need the following services: Mail, Abyss, MySQL, and FTP set-up too. ;)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Computer-Pro
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome back,

You need to register with Zone Edit

Then you can change to there name servers. And set up MX records sub domains, Web Fowarding and more.

As for the other stuff I could help you out tomorrow. My MSN adress is in my profile.

Hope This Helps,
Computer-Pro
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if ZoneEdit is a good place to setup MX records, ect for an Abyss server? (Besides Computer-Pro)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard it is but I dont know as Ive never tried it myself.
jibbajabba
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've seen alot of places which say use zone edit for nameservers and that.. I myself use the registrars own nameservers and add my mx records and that and i use no-ip to update my ip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: