IIS to Abyss lost upload feature in Yabb board.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterPat
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: IIS to Abyss lost upload feature in Yabb board. Reply with quote

First off, Abyss server software is, hands down, the easiest server software out there. Cant find one thing I dont like about it.

Now here is the problem.

I started a message board for friends and family to bs back and forth with.

Its hosted on my personal computer. When I had it on IIS5.1 it worked perfect. I got tired of constantly getting errors from too many users. Moved the folders out of IIS and into there own folder. Set up Abyss with the new folder locations. Changed all the paths in yabb to the new folders. Fired up the server and it was perfect, except the upload feature is missing and all previous atachments are not showing up. I have uploading enabled in Yabb. Im told this is a cgi related issue. what do I have to do in Abyss to renable this feature?

http://patrickhayes.org:8000/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Thanks for any pointers.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Computer-Pro
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fine to me.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer-Pro wrote:
Looks fine to me.

Yeah, Im happy with the looks and functioning of it... But when you goto post, the option to attach a file is not there and prior attachements are missing. I have all the options in the Admin screen checked for attaching images.

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: IIS to Abyss lost upload feature in Yabb board. Reply with quote

MisterPat,

Thank you for your positive feedback about Abyss Web Server.

The web server has nothing to do with this. Abyss Web Server launches Perl to run YaBB and has no control over what it does (and uploading cannot be disabled by Abyss Web Server).

So we suggest that you focus on your YaBB configuration (may be you have forgot to let YaBB know where the new upload directory is).
darkmatter
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanxz for the 403 error message... i could help you but... i got your very nice error message that just shot me down
lol
lol
im jk
i have no idea
lol
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkmatter wrote:
thanxz for the 403 error message... i could help you but... i got your very nice error message that just shot me down
lol
lol
im jk
i have no idea
lol

This topic is nearly 2 years old, why bring it back up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: