broken pipe error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekn
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: broken pipe error Reply with quote

I am wondering, will you get a broken pipe error if a script exceeds the timeout set in Abyss settings? I can find no other reason to get this error, as my scripts all are in working order.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: broken pipe error Reply with quote

derekn wrote:
I am wondering, will you get a broken pipe error if a script exceeds the timeout set in Abyss settings? I can find no other reason to get this error, as my scripts all are in working order.

If your script spends more than "CGI Timeout" seconds wthout sending an output it is killed by Abyss Web Server and an error is reported.

BUt broken pipe has also many other causes. If the script is not executed and an error 500 is reported instantaneously, then you should check why your interpreter or your script has stopped before sending any output.

Try posting here a short script that results in this error and we'll check it.
derekn
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: broken pipe error Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
derekn wrote:

If your script spends more than "CGI Timeout" seconds wthout sending an output it is killed by Abyss Web Server and an error is reported.

BUt broken pipe has also many other causes. If the script is not executed and an error 500 is reported instantaneously, then you should check why your interpreter or your script has stopped before sending any output.

Try posting here a short script that results in this error and we'll check it.

well, the script is kinda long, it is a search script that searchs out a 4 MB text file for search strings. On my XP computer, takes a while to execute but works, but on my older 98 machine, gives me the broken pipe error. Same script, same server settings, etc.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: broken pipe error Reply with quote

derekn wrote:
well, the script is kinda long, it is a search script that searchs out a 4 MB text file for search strings.

So all you have to do is to increase "CGI Timeout" value in Abyss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: