Log files not workin?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wishing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:30 am    Post subject: Log files not workin? Reply with quote

I have installed the Abyss webserver recently and it seems to be workin great. Thanks for the greet software, to my point...the logfiles seem to not be working. Ive checked that the logfile directory has the files and that they are listed as the logfiles in the server configuration. I know i have gotten traffic but it hasnt been logged in the files, either CGI or Access. any suggestions?

thanks ~Wishing~ :wink:
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Log files not workin? Reply with quote

Wishing wrote:
I have installed the Abyss webserver recently and it seems to be workin great. Thanks for the greet software, to my point...the logfiles seem to not be working. Ive checked that the logfile directory has the files and that they are listed as the logfiles in the server configuration. I know i have gotten traffic but it hasnt been logged in the files, either CGI or Access. any suggestions?

thanks ~Wishing~ :wink:

Check that Logging is enabled and that the log files are not read-only (See the console > Server Configuration > Advanced > Server Parameters > Log file)
Wishing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:40 am    Post subject: loggin? Reply with quote

I checked em once, checked em twice, and there still being naughty , not nice :) (merry christmass) The logging is enabled , even the extended format...the files are of .txt type and there are two, both of them are not read only, ive checked their properties, and even tested that I can write to them with notepad. Odd is it not? :? should the files have a special type..like maybe .log ? tho I have tried that as well.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: loggin? Reply with quote

Wishing wrote:
I checked em once, checked em twice, and there still being naughty , not nice :) (merry christmass) The logging is enabled , even the extended format...the files are of .txt type and there are two, both of them are not read only, ive checked their properties, and even tested that I can write to them with notepad. Odd is it not? :? should the files have a special type..like maybe .log ? tho I have tried that as well.

Logging works without a problem. What may prevent it from behaving correctly on your computer is that you are looking at the wrong log file. Try entering a full path in the Log File parameter (for example c:\access.log .) Avoid also opening the log file while the server is using it.
Wishing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: logging? Reply with quote

That was one of the first fixes I tried...this is my path
C:/Abyss Web Server/log/access.txt
I go and i look at that file and it is blank...all the time. Could it be that i could have somehow messed up something by opening it while Abyss was running? Still boggled...Ive done a search for other logfiles and have checked them all, no trace of server access stuff..
Thanks ~Wishing~
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: logging? Reply with quote

Wishing wrote:
That was one of the first fixes I tried...this is my path
C:/Abyss Web Server/log/access.txt
I go and i look at that file and it is blank...all the time. Could it be that i could have somehow messed up something by opening it while Abyss was running? Still boggled...Ive done a search for other logfiles and have checked them all, no trace of server access stuff..
Thanks ~Wishing~

When logging is enabled and the server starts, it will check if the file is writable and it will complain about any problem at that level. But if you open the file using another program while Abyss Web Server is running, that can cause a loss of a part of the log.
We recommend reinstalling Abyss Web Server and changing parameters one by one. We think you changed too many things at the same time and your current configuration has a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: