no www's?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: no www's? Reply with quote

OK..I have a strange one for you guys. Some of you know I have used Abyss X2 for some years now. It has been a very successful server for me. Here at work we got a new PowerEdge 2650 Rack server. Before, we had an old tower ,1 cpu, xeon server that ran Win Serv 20003 and Abyss X2 just fine on it. I have since set up the new server. Same settings, same operating system, except before, the domain name on the old server was “Server01.trc.local”. With the new server, I have set it up as “Server-01.trcok.com”. Everything works fine except one thing. Abyss is installed the same way, with the same settings.( I copied and pasted as I have done many times in the past when cleaning up or reinstalling.) If you type in “trcok.com” you will bring up our website. If you add the “www” in front of that like a normal URL should look like, “www.trcok.com” it will not find anything. If I type “email.trcok.com” to get to my emails external webmail, it will no longer reach that. Seems as if I put anything thing in front of “trcok.com” it will not work, just “trcok.com” by itself. Any suggestions?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you add the new domain names to the "Host Names" table under the "General" category.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at home at the moment, so I will check on that when I get back to work. Oddly enough, at home...the www works. Does “www.trcok.com” work for you or anyone else willing to test here? It may be that at work, it's having a problem due to the domain (our server) being the same name as our "Domain Name" for our website. Doesn't truly makes sense to me, but I will add our Servers Domain to the "general" list and see if that fixes it for the client machines at work.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.trcok.com works for me. I don't know why it wouldn't work at your work place. It could be a DNS issue.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ChrisM2
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well, I added it to the "general" list. No luck. I guess it isn't that big of a deal since outside, (the world beyond the walls of my job), it can be accessed, and at work, they just need to leave out the “www”. It will probably start bugging me later on because I hate living with stuff I can't figure out, no matter how irrelevant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: