ANTI-Microsoft IE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite Browser?
Firefox
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Opera
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Safari ( Mac Browser )
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other Browser
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Microsoft Internet Explorer ( Any Version )
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
I Don't Really Care About Your Stupid Poll ( And script )
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Vahn
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: ANTI-Microsoft IE Reply with quote

I was Just Wondering How Many people Dislike MSIE or use Firefox ( or the Various other Browsers) Because theyy are more capable than MSIE Also I Have Here, a Script For All you Peoples Who dislike Microsoft IE It will re Direct The User To What ever Page You want It To if they are Useing MSIE

Code:

<Script Language="JavaScript">
if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1)
{ location.href = "<!--- Location of The Page Telling them To Dump the IE -->"; }
</Script>

Yes I Know it's Simple But It Is Affective. ( And No I Did Not steal This off of MsBoycott But i Felt Bad Seeing as I work on this With My Majorly Lacking JS Skills and then two days after Completeing it I Found Ms BoyCott V.V )
Goatie.dk
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use FF because I like all the different things it can do... and of course it shows the websites as they should look like.

And thanks for the script.. now I can take my revenge over those who uses it the other way... sending FF users to a site saying they need MSIE for viewing their website. (insert evil smilie here)
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cmxhost.no-ip.biz/annat/internet_explorer_check < Same script made in PHP. More secure, because IE-users can't view the source-code.

Edit: This was one of the first PHP-scripts I ever made, so don't complain about it.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Vahn
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Very Much for your Contribution to the Fight against the Evil MSIE! Together We Shall Prevail!
cchase88
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use internet explorer, I prefer firefox though, but for some reason, it freezes when I first open it up and start to scroll, I have reinstalled windows several times and Fire fox still does the samething, nothing else has ever given me problems, so I stick with IE
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
IwaJP
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Mozilla, but, small %, of Web Sites, cant open 100%, because JavaScript, ....

Konqueror, is 100%,

MS IE, die, suiss cheese.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (the opposite to envy =| (angry face) ) you all, IE 7 Rocks!!! goto my website to download and try it (must have sp2 installed)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappy426 wrote:
I (the opposite to envy =| (angry face) ) you all, IE 7 Rocks!!! goto my website to download and try it (must have sp2 installed)

Haven't tried it on xp really. But it was good on longhorn, before it crashed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried emulationg IE with Wine, it crashed after 3 minutes...
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys always crash.. you must you just have to be related to my dad some how hes always crashing computer lol
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappy426 wrote:
You guys always crash.. you must you just have to be related to my dad some how hes always crashing computer lol

Its a beta OS, it didn't like the notebook I put it on perticularly, so it decides to crash on the hour, every hour.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey could you like post an image/screenshot of longhorn.. =P
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappy426 wrote:
Hey could you like post an image/screenshot of longhorn.. =P

Without digging my notebook out of its hole.
http://monkeynation.net/common/whatisit.PNG & http://monkeynation.net/common/vista5.PNG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to say KDE looks better than Longhorn.

Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na I like windows but overally this whole post: I never said Firefox is like IE the way you guys use it ok but It's just another process to terminate when it stops responding and anyways IE looks cooler lols has any1 seen 7?

I have. =)

-----------------------------------------------

Cmx there both good looking but I use xp and I know that It will work with me if I work with it so.. yeh that end ma post.. go back to whatever you were pityfully doing before reading me. =) .. Everyone.. =P
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I have had FF stop responding once in the 6 months I have used it. IE has stopped responding on so many occasions Ive lost count. Thats why I use FF.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not accousing any in particular but um like my dad alot people fore example constantly click it or other things when something stop respong rather than pressing Alt + Ctrl + DEL . So for the people who do this Doom on you! DOOM ON you! DOOM ON YOU!

------------------------
LOLs
------------------------

Ah.. Neither browsers stop responding for me unless someones using ( god I wish you could swear on this forum lols) ****head javascript that freezes everything up just loading the page lol that happens alot on my computers at school but I never go to sites like that anymore because I have no need. =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: