Trillian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Trillian Reply with quote

Is it just me or is Trillian quite slow? I have installed it on 2 pc's, a 2ghz laptop and 1.3ghz server (my webserver) and it ran slow on both, took ages to load (i consider anything longer than 5 seconds to be ages) and it lagged when you move the screen around or maximise it.

Anyone else notice this?
p3
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only when you first load it after boot, when all the plug-ins need to load. Otherwise, I've noticed it to be fairly fast...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be slow to load, but no longer than 10 seconds. Trillian 2 never had this problem, but I dont see it as a big one.
Trillian dosent lag a bit for me after that, with 100+ conversation windows it still works great. (I cant test it further, only have ~220 contacts :()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to reformat my comp, I installed trillian, and it runs faster than AIM IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:
I had to reformat my comp, I installed trillian, and it runs faster than AIM IMO.

The actual AIM client blows, I dont like popups or ads on even free things (Unless discreet.) so I changed to trillian and love it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hacked my AIM so i dont have any of those Ads, since all my friends use it, i use it all the time. If anyone else has AIM v5.9.3797 I can send u the AIMRes.dll file which will get rid of those ads for ya.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim1681 wrote:
I hacked my AIM so i dont have any of those Ads, since all my friends use it, i use it all the time. If anyone else has AIM v5.9.3797 I can send u the AIMRes.dll file which will get rid of those ads for ya.

I hear there are patches to do that too, but trillian is so much better I could never go back.
Plugins make my life worth living.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you intrested in choice, GAIM is quickly catching up in the same features as trillian. (And its free and open source).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ll3rdr4g0n wrote:
For those of you intrested in choice, GAIM is quickly catching up in the same features as trillian. (And its free and open source).

Ive used gaim, it would be my second choice next to trillian, and yeah, catching up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked trillian but Alaso i am a Major Yahoo person and Trillian at the time didn't have great Yahoo support... other than that it was great... even on my Slow computer.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you don't like ads, and want something free, try Kopette. I use it all the time, and it's great.
I'm not sure if there is a Windows-version of it though...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Vahn
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Yahoo Ads? if so I'd Try the Sector 101 Ad Removal... It's quite awsome if i do say so myself.

After i get their permission i'll host a copy of it on my site.

~Vahn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: