Use Apache Not Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apache Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Use Apache Not Abyss Reply with quote

Dear Reader...

My Name Is Karl Turner, I Am A Programmer At Apache Software, (http://www.apache.org) We Here At Apache Feel It's Our Obligation To Tell You That Abyss Web Server Is A Stolen Source We Believe That The Source Used Was Actually Taking From The Apache Web Server. Abyss Doe's Seem To Function Fairly Well But Doe's Not Offer The Same Security As An Apache Web Server. So Please Don't Support Abyss Web Server And Come Back To The Original Apache Wev Server (http://www.apache.org)

We Are Working On A Web Server Which Will Change The Way Web Pages Operate On A Server, This New Server Will Function So Well, With Minimal Security Risks Because It Runs On Server Code We Have Been Creating For Many Years Now.

Thanks For Reading
Karl Turner
(Prorgammer)
(Apache)
Bart_Simpson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: I'm Back With Apache Reply with quote

WELL IM BACK NOW IM NOT USING SOFTWARE WHICH IS STOLEN FROM ANOTHER COMPNAY SUCH AS ABYSS.

CENSORED U ABYSS
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apache: Nice, i am just a user, not a programmer of abyss so donīt blaim me 8O... to the point:

1) Why do you write every first letter of a word upper case 8O :? ?
2) I understand you of course like Apache more, not blaiming you... but abyss is so totally diffirent tan apache, first of all itīs not in some dos screen, second itīs got a console with some nice auto functions and to be honest(i have been a proud user of aache) apache seemed to be not that stable as apache on windows XP (which is built on the proven stability of windows 2000) so blaim abyss that they have stolen the idea.. well, you can, but... the copyright you have on apache is for the apache product, abyss is so diffirent than apache.
3) You canīt blaim abyss because they are one of the few succesful (second) webservers, since apache is #1 used in the world and some tiny software developers try the same, almost none become succesful. If you look at the forums here, there is 96% of all reactions positive about abyss. What i mean to say here is that you canīt blaim ppl liking abyss more than apache, itīs their choice

to bart simpson(i luv the simposons ;-)):

Can he be banned for the following reasons:

1. Using asocial language
2. False blaiming abyss of stealing software
3. He seems to never had got raised by any kind of homo-sapiens 8)

hope you read this carefully apache admin... my email is big-m@home.nl if you would like a good discussion 8) :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say "troll bait"?

This is obviously a fake post by someone who has something against Abyss for one reason or another. Like always, theres someone out there that hates X software and has to try and bad mouth it and uphold thier own personal favorites.

Just ignore the post and dont go for the bait folks.
anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah, Blah

First of all who th e hell you are, i say i make appache to anytime, this is a unprofessional act to post such things on others forum and look more like a joke

second, setting a web server is nothin, the application listen to a certain port, and when asked to send information from web directory

even KazaA does that in sort of, if we use the general host 32 process then it'S even Easyer

what make the good point of this app is ease to use, cordiality and good help file
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Use Apache Not Abyss Reply with quote

Karl Turner !!! No one knows you in apache.org. If you have any complaint to do against Abyss Web Server, please do not use a fake name and provide people with your email address.
Abyss Web Server code is a work started in 2000 and many people know about it and can trace his history. It has nothing to do with Apache.
By the way, how can you say that the code was stolen? First of all, Apache license says Apache source code is open source, so people can see it, read it, and use it freely (see http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi .) Second, many big companies (such as IBM, Sun, etc...) use Apache web server without any problem. Some others even charge people for packaging Apache (which is free.)
So please, when you post something, be smart enough to check what you say. Otherwise, you will look very stupid :D

Anyway, Karl Turner, if you wrote a web server and are still waiting for glory, we are sorry for you. Acting as a child won't help you. Work hard, try to have a good product, and respect your users: these are only advices to you.
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

donīt think heīll ever come back after these posts, and yep aprelium, i maile dapache too, they didnt know him there... ah well, thought letīs type a reaction anyway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Karl Turner Traced You Reply with quote

Well Karl hope ya reading how's college by the way i know you are at college because i traced you so much to find out that you are studying VB lol host39.tresham.ac.uk it wasn't that hard with a few visits to Astalavista.

Luv Me XXX
LMFAO lol :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Use Apache Not Abyss Reply with quote

Dear Apache Admin...

My name is Anony Mouse. I Am A Webmaster At Home ( http://myhome.invalid) We Here At Home Feel It's Our Obligation To Tell You That Your Grammar Is A Joke Which Actually Taking It's Doe's Not Have Periods And Function Fairly Poorly. So Please Don't Write Anything Else Come To The Original English Language ( http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/ )

Thanks For Reading
Anony Mouse
(Millionaire)
(I Own a Mansion and a Yacht)

PS You really ought to follow the webster.commnet.edu/grammar link. All kidding aside, you'll never get a job with your current (lack of) grammatical skills, Mr. Programmer.
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Karl Turner Traced You Reply with quote

Marc-E-2002 wrote:
Well Karl hope ya reading how's college by the way i know you are at college because i traced you so much to find out that you are studying VB lol host39.tresham.ac.uk it wasn't that hard with a few visits to Astalavista.

Luv Me XXX
LMFAO lol :twisted:

How exactly did you get his ip from a public forum? (msg me if you want)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Scott
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't worth much energy, because it has "troll" written all over it, but here goes...

Apache is solid, secure, and works great. The problem is that it is half-done software. It has no interface. Why the hell should I have to go hunting around for "GUI configuration tools" just to configure my web server? It's ridiculous.

This is where the typical half-wit chimes in with a comment that amounts to "gee, you aren't very bright; command lines rule, and GUIs drool". Well wouldn't that be special? The sad fact is that GUIs, unless they are poorly designed (as many are), save a hell of a lot of time and effort. They do not "slow" anything down. "People time" costs an awful lot more than "CPU time". Editing ASCII files manually is bullshit.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Westside187
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO!!!! thats all i gota say :D oh and Abyss is so much better than apache i we have apache on out apple webserver and i cant get the POS to work correctly.. so for the meantime i put Abyss on a XP machine and its been running our pages like a champ set up time... hmm 1 minute. apache set up time.. hmm 4 years if you dont knwo what your dooing :D so apache SUCKS!!! thats just my opinion :D well iu guess i had more to say that just LMAO heh
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl

I am not smart enough to use apache, pls send 50 grand as down payment for a continuing education program.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abyss kixs Apaches rear end! Apache uses an outdated system of config files to run and a DOS box no less!

Drag your self into the 32bit technology era Apache!

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think when Abyss ask money for it people ar gowing to Apache!!

Sorry for UK i am dutch!!
datwig
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Apache! HA! yea right! Reply with quote

Apache is hard to use if your me. I had no idea how to use it. Then again I'm only 15. I'm sure there are people younger than me that know howto use Apache though.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
datwig
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS ABYSS SERVER RULES!!!!!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: