Python Support

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuckWild
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Python Support Reply with quote

I would think that since Python is CGI usable, that it would work just as simply as any other language in coalition with this server. However, when following the steps needed to install a Perl interpreter, except using Python, I found it not to work.

There are a few things I'm confused about.

Is there anything additional that needs to be done during Python's installation that I need to be aware of?

Do I need to add Python as a MIME-TYPE (I tried doing this and it didn't seem to make any difference).

Are content-type headers needed before the executed code?

I get an internal server error when trying to execute the .py files, but it is a simple hello, world script that is error free. I checked the cgi.log but it has nothing recorded as if the file hadn't even been executed? Is there a way for me to better understand what is going on here?

I have followed all the steps outline for getting Perl to work using Python extension (.pl) in place and the Python path in place of the perl path. What gives? Has anyone else had failure/success in this area?

Thanks in advance. :wink:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BuckWilder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a little embarrassed :oops:

My problem was that I was not including the trailing \n on "Content-Type: text/html\n".

Sure is particular (with good reason, I know). Glad I figured this out before you guys were scratching your heads (isn't it always something stupid like this?)
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how´d u know i was scratching my head :oops: :wink: :lol:

ah well, we´re here to help.. and remind this: there are no stupid questions, without questions everybody would be dumb

(and there would be this great forum and i wouldnt have 85 posts now :roll: :lol: )
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry:

Bonsoir

Do you Speak french ??

How to programme CGI Script in Python on Abyss server ??

Please ?
Thanks for your answers.

fabrice from France. :P
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabrice,

Vous pouvez posez vos questions en français directement au support technique d'Aprelium (email: support@aprelium.com).

[English Translation of the previous sentence: You can send your questions in French to support@aprelium.com]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: