mysql table upload size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: mysql table upload size Reply with quote

ok im lookign to upload a rather large set of mysql tables and structure ((a little over 60 megs of txt file)) onto mysql, problem is i can only upload 2 megs at a time with phpmyadmin

does anyone know an easy way to change maximum upload size

also, i have tried creating a remote accsess user account with phpmyadmin, but i have no way of preventing anyone from accsessing my tables
does that latest builds have login/remote acses function?

hi im back!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
k1ll3rdr4g0n
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this manually through a command line. But I don't know how, look through the docs for MySQL.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: mysql table upload size Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
ok im lookign to upload a rather large set of mysql tables and structure ((a little over 60 megs of txt file)) onto mysql, problem is i can only upload 2 megs at a time with phpmyadmin

does anyone know an easy way to change maximum upload size

There is a tutorial in this forum explaining how to remove the 2MB limit for uploads. Search for it and you'll get all the information you need.

Quote:

also, i have tried creating a remote accsess user account with phpmyadmin, but i have no way of preventing anyone from accsessing my tables
does that latest builds have login/remote acses function?

hi im back!

Look at the PhpMyAdmin privileges section and you'll be able to set up user accounts in MySQL with restricted permissions on tables. You should also change the login method in PhpMyAdmin configuration file to cookies or http so that each MySQL user can log with its MySQL login/password and only see the tables it is allowed to use. Of course, you can find all about that in PhpMyAdmin documentatuion/web site.
Tim1681
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Command Line:
Code:
mysql> LOAD DATA INFILE 'file_with_rows.txt' INTO TABLE Table_Name;

More Info:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/load-data.html

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok

thanks for the help/ RTFM! everyone =)
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm ok i did a search and wasnt able to find anything helpful

also tim i checked thru that link

i was able to setup the user just fine, but still stuck on changing upload file size, i havent gotten into mysql in a long time so i dont recall much
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
hmm ok i did a search and wasnt able to find anything helpful

also tim i checked thru that link

i was able to setup the user just fine, but still stuck on changing upload file size, i havent gotten into mysql in a long time so i dont recall much

See http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37831#37831 .
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh no wonder i couldnt find it in the search

hmm i must really be out of it but where is the php.ini file? it doesnt seem to be anywhere in the abyss directory
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
ahh no wonder i couldnt find it in the search

hmm i must really be out of it but where is the php.ini file? it doesnt seem to be anywhere in the abyss directory

There is a Search feature in Windows (Start > Search > For Files and Folders). Use it to locate the php.ini file.
If you're using PHP4, it should be in C:\Windows or C:\WINNT. If you're using our preconfigured PHP5 package ( http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html ), you will find it in the PHP5 installation directory.
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

work is a drag

ok got the max upload size changed in the php.ini file and changed the timeout settings etc, in mysql it only shows the max uplaod size at 8,192 kb which is still far form what i need

also i get an error saying the directory for uplaod cannot be reached, would creating a new upload directory be right? i think it is in config.inc in scripts/phpmyadmin
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:

also i get an error saying the directory for uplaod cannot be reached, would creating a new upload directory be right? i think it is in config.inc in scripts/phpmyadmin

In php.ini, set the value of upload_tmp_dir to a directory path where temporary upload files should go. Create this directory because PHP won't do it for you.

For example, set:

Code:
upload_tmp_dir = E:\Temp\Uploads

and create the directory E:\Temp\Uploads using Windows Explorer.
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm ok i changed the directory in the php.ini file but i still get the error, perhaps i have to reboot the PC sicne i tried reloading mysql and it didnt help
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
hmm ok i changed the directory in the php.ini file but i still get the error, perhaps i have to reboot the PC sicne i tried reloading mysql and it didnt help

You should probably check which directory does PHP complain about in that case...
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its wierd i have changed the directory a whole bunch in php.ini and it seems to always have problems connecting to that directory
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you could just split the sql file up?
Click databases -> sql and try pasting it there, that way it isnt a file upload.
Or you could just copy & paste every 1k queries or something, and run them piece at a time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm posting it in 1 mb sections would take forever, it is over 60 megs of tables

copying and pasting didnt work i would have to cpoy and paste each individuall file
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
hmm posting it in 1 mb sections would take forever, it is over 60 megs of tables

copying and pasting didnt work i would have to cpoy and paste each individuall file

Well, its taken you 14 days since you posted and you havent got anywhere, may be worth trying it.

And, what do you mean copy & pasting didnt work? Its probably easier than uploading them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am nto working on it very fast since my job is taking all my spare time

i have been able to get all the pieces down to small sizes ((about 17 under 3meg)) which will work

uploading the pieces gives me a internal server error 500 and copying the .sql txt files into database/mysql/data/whatever didnt work since mysql doesnt read any tables there even if the entire database is inside that directory altho i get the feeling this may not be the right directory
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have found that there are multiple files ya need to change in order to get things to upload ((i am sorta shooting in the dark since))

Code:

; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 8M

one of the upload size things

Code:

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir = C:\whatever

the uplaod directory

Code:

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 99M

this is normaly small as is the first piece of code, editing just this will still keep to limited to like 8 megs, then ya edit the 1st line of code to mor ethen 8 and then ya can upload much bigger files

also

Code:
max_execution_time = 120     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 360   ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 80M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

i had to increase these

well i finaly get it to accept near 80meg uploads changing all of that, but somehting is wron the directory set for uplaods cant be reached no matter what it is set at and i get internal 500 errors uplaoding even small files

anyway i kinda wanted to share what i have figure dout ((thanks for the help))

*EDIT*
ok can someone post what upload_tmp_dir ="C:\whatever" looks like normaly ((like if ya dont screw it up)) mine is set to C:\temp\locked in that bit of code but refuses to work even if theres no code etc

thaanks again[/code]
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
*EDIT*
ok can someone post what upload_tmp_dir ="C:\whatever" looks like normaly ((like if ya dont screw it up)) mine is set to C:\temp\locked in that bit of code but refuses to work even if theres no code etc

thaanks again[/code]

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
Code:

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files [b](will use system default if not
; specified)[/b].
upload_tmp_dir = C:\whatever

Just comment it out. (Prefix with a semicolon IfYI.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm maybe it isnt that line of code i changed it to what you had but mysql still says
Quote:
Error
The directory you set for upload work cannot be reached
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
hmm maybe it isnt that line of code i changed it to what you had but mysql still says
Quote:
Error
The directory you set for upload work cannot be reached

MySQL said that? o_O
New error to me.

Just split the quesies into different parts and use the sql tab, itll save you a lot of time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i have been trying, sql and then pointing to the text file
i'll post a screenshot

*edit* i just realize i took a screenshot of my desktop which has a high resolution
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
thats what i have been trying, sql and then pointing to the text file
i'll post a screenshot

*edit* i just realize i took a screenshot of my desktop which has a high resolution

Contact me somehow, I dont see why in gods name youd get that error using the top box :S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm im not sure how that got messed up

Code:

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files [b](will use system default if not
; specified)[/b].
upload_tmp_dir = C:\temp

that is what it is set to in php.ini since it doesnt work i have tried with and without quotes etc but i havnt gotten it to work ((wish i had backed up php.ini lol))
when i try to upload the file i get a error 500 with the server having drasticaly changed the size of uplaodable files perhaps theres something in abyss that needs changed to let me upload big files
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
hmm im not sure how that got messed up

Code:

; specified)[/b].

that is what it is set to in php.ini since it doesnt work i have tried with and without quotes etc but i havnt gotten it to work ((wish i had backed up php.ini lol))
when i try to upload the file i get a error 500 with the server having drasticaly changed the size of uplaodable files perhaps theres something in abyss that needs changed to let me upload big files

No, No No.
The [b] was to make it bold, but other bbcode doesnt work in code tags I relized, I was trying to emphasize '(will use system default if not specified)', thats why I said to comment it out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

; specified).

try changing the "\" to a "/" and see if that works

Roganty
| Links-Links.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think the [b] would matter since it is after a colon and not actual code, just a expaination

hmm changing the backslash to a umm \ didnt do the trick

if someone could post the exact unchanged piece of code form php.ini i could try getting it in and if it doesnt work i will know this problem is a bit bigger then just this line of code
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
i dont think the [b] would matter since it is after a colon and not actual code, just a expaination

if someone could post the exact unchanged piece of code form php.ini i could try getting it in and if it doesnt work i will know this problem is a bit bigger then just this line of code

No! I would so hurt you if I could =P
I was trying to emphasize something with them, imagine that the text between the [b]s WAS bold, read it. "will use system default if not specified". So just comment out the upload_tmp_dir directive and itll default. (E.G. ';upload_tmp_dir = C:\temp' or just plain removing it.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:

PHP is a type of *nix program and so a forward slash (/) is used in file systems.
the back slash (\) that is used in windows for file/folders is used in programing languages to "escape" something for example:

Code:
$name = "roganty";
print "my name is \"roganty\"";

would print
my name is "roganty"

try the code below, that might work.
Code:
upload_tmp_dir = C:\\temp

edit:
just re-read your post :)

Roganty
| Links-Links.co.uk
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i wrote that post after a pretty long day to say i was tired is an understatement

ok i have tried both commenting the line of code out and adding the C:\\temp directory instead of C:\temp

hmm the directory is still unable to be reached and i still get errors
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
hmm i wrote that post after a pretty long day to say i was tired is an understatement

ok i have tried both commenting the line of code out and adding the C:\\temp directory instead of C:\temp

hmm the directory is still unable to be reached and i still get errors

You cant get that error by pasting into the sql tab. (NOT UPLOAD, the textarea above.)
Get a load of free time and caffine and copy & paste it piece by piece.
Echo... echo...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been reading through my php.ini file and wondered...

i have two lines where a path is used
Code:
extension_dir="C:/PHP/extensions"
and
session.save_path= C:\PHP\sessiondata

php may be case sensative, have you checked your case?
try putting the path in quotes

Roganty
| Links-Links.co.uk
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried quotes, caps, differnt slashes etc

how the directory is placed in there should be correct ((if someone can post the exact unchanged bit of code i could double check))
the problem must lie with somehting else

copying and pasting the code into the top box wont work

EDIT

i wonder if someone could post a copy of thier php.ini ((one that works)) and i try placing it in, if i still get the error i know it is soemthing with mysql but i wonder if changing all those variables etc didnt screw it up
roganty
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2 wrote:
i wonder if someone could post a copy of thier php.ini ((one that works)) and i try placing it in, if i still get the error i know it is soemthing with mysql but i wonder if changing all those variables etc didnt screw it up

This is the upload_tmp_dir that is present in my php.ini,
and it has been commented out so that it uses the OS's defult temp folder

Code:
; specified).
;upload_tmp_dir=

Roganty
| Links-Links.co.uk
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have hit the wall here, since i still get the error there commented out not commented out, even when the piece of code isnt even specified

*EDIT*

ok i updated mysql to the latest stable version so therefore it must be php.ini

i need a complete fresh copy of the entire file, since i have edited plenty of code, not just the upload path

or would reinstalling php be a good idea?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittenstomper2,

Please contact support@aprelium.com and we'll send you a fresh php.ini file. Another quick solution to get it is download any PHP package and looking for the php.ini (or php.ini.dist) file that comes with it.
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh i found a backup copy, a completly fresh page in the file i installed php from

my problem is still here though even though the php.ini file has completly stock settings, im wondering if theres somehting in the config.inc file i need to change since the one i had with the new instalation i moved out and replaced it with the older one ((since the new one opened and was all scattered around)) seems to work fine other then my currernt problem
perhaps restarting the entire PC to make the changes go into effect? my PC hasnt been rebooted this month yet
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok sorry to double post but i fixed the upload directory problem i think

in config.inc theres a line of code near the bottom
Code:

$cfg['UploadDir']             = '';

whats inside the ' ' has to match exactly with what is in php.ini otherwise ya get the error

my best guess is php.ini was placing the files there but config.ing was looking somewhere else

(( i am going to write a tutorial on this since it was such a big headache))[/code]

hmm i am still getitng internal 500 server errors trying to post code, this may be because i have to make the table before i can post the information that goes into that table
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: