Im Having A problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zabp
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Im Having A problem Reply with quote

This problem Im not to sure if its an asp issue or a server issue!

My problem is Im using Soop portal and Im not to sure if anyone is familar with it but its a great portal when i implement it on on my WinXp Pro IIS server everything works terrific but limited connections as you all no. so i really want to use abyss but I cant get half my asp mods to work but some do work ppl can log in but they cant register and my Calendar dont work and my forums dont work within the portal but everything else does with Abyss and its really driving me insane.I have gone through forums to see if there is something i can add to abyss to maybe fix this and try and find the differences between and abyss and IIS so I can understand why everything would work with IIS but not Abyss.

heres my Url

www.drunkoffyourass.com which is running on Abyss right now.

and heres what the actuall portal is supposed to do when everything works

www.soopportal.org

any suggestions would be appreciated on helping to fix this matter.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're barking up the wrong tree. What you're actually looking for is the differences between Selisoft's implementation of ASP and the real Microsoft ASP. Abyss doesn't play any part in processing the ASP pages - it simply receives what AHTML generates and passes it back to the browser.

You need to look at what functions aren't working on your forum and then check whether any of the code they use is discussed in Selisofts "Differences To Microsoft ASP" document.

http://www.selisoft.com/en/ahtml/aspdiff.phtml
zabp
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: thanks for reply Reply with quote

ah! ok lol thanks just wasnt sure what to look for but thanks gives me an idea now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: