Want your own mail/ftp/other server? LOOK HERE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phpjunkie
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see allot of people talking about what people like and don't like here in this thread and it allows me to be curious. Does anyone ever reads any of the comparisons on wikipedia.org about the build up of different software being produced and what those packages are actually capable of doing these days?

here are some links for all of you to read.
Comparison of mail servers
Comparison of FTP client software
List of FTP server software
Comparison of DNS server software

By the way DNSStuff is a very good site with some very good tools. They do have allot of free tools. What is sad about it is they start charging you money if you use your website so visitors can view information about other people who have connected to your site.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
ccs
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Another eMail Gem Reply with quote

Recently found xeams email server. Has quite a number of features including the option of being a secondary/caching server. Completely free with good support. I kinda like the interface better than hMailServer too.
cat3rn
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: How about us MAC users Reply with quote

Is there any mail server compatible with MAC OSX (spec Leopard) I am running my Abyss 2.6 on it because it is much easier to setup than on my XP machine. All I need now is to set up an email server and an FTP server on it.

Any ideas?

www.defendusa.org
and
www.preciseflow.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeffjohn
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: ftp server Reply with quote

I use the Gene6 ftp server; highly professional server with all bells 'n whistles; running now some five years faultlessly!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: