Joined: 18 Jun 2005
|Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:45 pm Post subject: ptkdb installation problems - solved
|Had some trouble getting the ptkdb debugger to work, but I got it to work while I was waiting for my forum registration email to arrive.
I was getting an error message:
|Can't call method "setup_main_window" ... |
To install I had copied ptkdb.pm to the C:\perl\lib\devel folder.
To get it to work, I deleted ptkdb.pm from the devel folder and used active state perl package manager to install it. Here's what happened:
|ppm> search ptkdb
Searching in Active Repositories
1. Devel-ptkdb [1.1087] Perl debugger using a Tk GUI
2. Devel-ptkdb [1.1084] Perl debugger using a Tk GUI
3. Devel-ptkdb [1.1086] Perl debugger using a Tk GUI
4. Devel-ptkdb [1.1087] Perl debugger using a Tk GUI
5. Devel-ptkdb [1.1091] Perl debugger using a Tk GUI
Install 'Devel-ptkdb' version 1.1087 in ActivePerl 22.214.171.1243
Downloaded 44300 bytes.
Extracting 5/5: blib/arch/auto/Devel/ptkdb/.exists
Successfully installed Devel-ptkdb version 1.1087 in ActivePerl 126.96.36.1993
Now it works for me. Hope this helps someone else as well.