Help Please - Abyss Server forgets the Documents Path

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diablomax
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject: Help Please - Abyss Server forgets the Documents Path Reply with quote

Help Please!! (Bug Report)

Often times when I start "Abyss Server" it forgets the "Documents Path" to my

webpages, and also the console access login info (administrator login and password).

I have to input all that information all over again in more than 80 percent of the

time when I start Abyss. Actually Abyss starts by itself. I have to go to "Show

Console" and input all that info again. And by the way what should I do to have

control over when the Abyss should start at the start up or not?

Server Statistics. Here is another problem:

It starts like this:

Hits: 0
Error Hits: 0
HTML Hits: 0
Not Modified Hits: 0
Output (Kb): 0

When some one get s to the page (one visit - one hit) the Abyss Server records the

following:

Hits: 10
Not Modified Hits: 10
Output (Kb): 1

The second time some a visitor gets to the home page recordings are like this:

Hits: 18
Not Modified Hits: 18
Output (Kb): 3

The third time:

Hits: 29
Not Modified Hits: 29
Output (Kb): 5

The forth time, I clicked on a downloadable file, but I canceled downloading before

it started:

Hits: 32
HTML Hits: 2
Output (Kb): 59

I was the one to go to the site back and forth this time, from my own computer, same

one where I run Abyss, but I also tried from different computers over the internet,

different locations, always random numbers show in the statistics.

Now look at the following, here I was on my webpage from my computer, and only

visited the home page once, I didn't download anything, and right after that closed

the browser:

Server Uptime: 0 Days 00 Hours 07 Minutes 27 Seconds
Hits: 9
HTML Hits: 4
Output (Kb): 5601

Can anyone explain that??

Anyone has answer to all these??

I use Win 2000Pro and I have Abyss Web Server X1 (v 1.1.2)

THANK YOU!
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Help Please - Abyss Server forgets the Documents Path Reply with quote

Diablomax wrote:
Often times when I start "Abyss Server" it forgets the "Documents Path" to my webpages, and also the console access login info (administrator login and password).
I have to input all that information all over again in more than 80 percent of the time when I start Abyss. Actually Abyss starts by itself. I have to go to "Show Console" and input all that info again.

CHeck that no other software is erasing the abyss.conf file. Also stopping Abyss Web Server using the CTRL+ALT+DEL may lead to such a behavior.

Diablomax wrote:

And by the way what should I do to have control over when the Abyss should start at the start up or not?

In the Main window, open the server menu and check/uncheck autostart.

Diablomax wrote:

Server Statistics. Here is another problem:

It starts like this:

Hits: 0
Output (Kb): 0

When some one get s to the page (one visit - one hit) the Abyss Server records the

following:

Hits: 10
Not Modified Hits: 10
Output (Kb): 1

The second time some a visitor gets to the home page recordings are like this:

Hits: 18
Not Modified Hits: 18
Output (Kb): 3

The third time:

Hits: 29
Output (Kb): 5

The forth time, I clicked on a downloadable file, but I canceled downloading before

it started:

Hits: 32
HTML Hits: 2
Output (Kb): 59

I was the one to go to the site back and forth this time, from my own computer, same one where I run Abyss, but I also tried from different computers over the internet, different locations, always random numbers show in the statistics.

One page isn't equal to one hit. A page may contain embedded images and each of them counts as a hit. So there is nothing wrong with the figures you listed.

Quote:

Now look at the following, here I was on my webpage from my computer, and only visited the home page once, I didn't download anything, and right after that closed the browser:

Server Uptime: 0 Days 00 Hours 07 Minutes 27 Seconds
Hits: 9
HTML Hits: 4
Output (Kb): 5601

Can anyone explain that??

Anyone has answer to all these??

I use Win 2000Pro and I have Abyss Web Server X1 (v 1.1.2)

THANK YOU!

What is the size in Kb of the page you visited and of the images it contains. Do the sum and verify that it is equivalent to 5Mb.
Diablomax
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx a lot for the reply!!

Everything fine but one thing.

"CHeck that no other software is erasing the abyss.conf file. Also stopping Abyss Web Server using the CTRL+ALT+DEL may lead to such a behavior."

Well I never used CTRL-ALT-DEL to stop the program, I'm doing that the proper way, I stop the server and after that exit, or just plain exit, either way make no difference still Abyss Webserver doesn't retain the information.

Another thing is that no other software on my machine erases the abyss.conf file, most of the time that file goes back to its default settings... plain and simple I think it's a bug. I even tried to make that file read only... well the Abyss server then complains that "Cannot create the configuration file". Obviously it rewrites itself, or i should say when it starts the program rewrites that confg file (abyss.conf).

I hope you guys can fix that because I like the webserver, generally speaking but that with loosing the information is a pain in the ...ss

Ciao!
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablomax wrote:

Another thing is that no other software on my machine erases the abyss.conf file, most of the time that file goes back to its default settings... plain and simple I think it's a bug. I even tried to make that file read only... well the Abyss server then complains that "Cannot create the configuration file". Obviously it rewrites itself, or i should say when it starts the program rewrites that confg file (abyss.conf).

I hope you guys can fix that because I like the webserver, generally speaking but that with loosing the information is a pain in the ...ss

We're investigating that problem. Some users reported such a behavior (with XP) and for most of them, it was a disk cleaner software that erased the abyss.conf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: