Work blocks my site!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonisurf
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Work blocks my site! Reply with quote

I am currently making it to my website by using DYNDNS and it works fine except at work. I also have a domain name registered which is set up to foreward requests to the DYNDNS site that I set up. I think that the reson my site is blocked at work is because of this setup. I can even type in my ip address and it is still blocked. I do not know what to do to be able to view my webpage at work. Proxies were and option for a while but the functionality was not the same and those are blocked now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could view my website from work. Would setting up a DNS fix the web site filtering at work problem? Thanks!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
HIWD
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the normal port 80 for something else. eg. www.yourdomain.com:8080.

Some places like my job have proxy servers installed and they block all ports but 80, ask the administrator, he/she will be able to help you.

Regards,
HIWD.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
anonisurf
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Work blocks my site! Reply with quote

Yes I have to use a different port than 80. I do because my ISP blocks it because people like me run webservers on them. :) You may be onto something, I will have to research it. Thanks!
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use no-ip.com's port 80 forwarding. it uses another port and retransmits it on port 80 (i think!). Not sure if they only use this on their mail redirection.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Port forwarding is exactly that, forwarding. It is not a proxy service. If you set up a NoIP forwarder to go from port 80 on a NoIP name to port xxxx on your website and your work is blocking non standard ports, the NoIP forwarder would resolve and then you would still fail to connect to the website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: