AbyssUnderground.co.uk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: AbyssUnderground.co.uk Reply with quote

I have added a 'what is' database to the site now. This is basically a database of common words that people do not know the meaning of. All contributions welcome via the forum or e-mail.

Please sign up on the forum. I get the feeling people are starting to lose interest in the site if the forum is not active. At the time of making this post there hasnt been a post on the forum for over a fortnight.

Thanks,
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence intended, but as most people are active on the forum here either as regulars or brief "How do I..." posters, I wouldn't expect too much traffic forum wise on your own site.

People who visit here briefly will tend to vanish after their question is answered, whilst if the regulars from here all sign up at your site, there will be no questions for them to answer - the single thread posters who don't bother to search the forum before posting will certainly not search as far as going offsite for help...

I think you could benefit from a Wiki based approach with a small forum for questions rather concentrating on your forum. This would allow regulars to contribute and extend topics without clutter, whilst still providing a point of reference for those visiting for support.

Just a thought...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Arctic
-

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "how to do this" encyclopedia that allows people to add stuff and you say "yes" or "no" to whether it goes or not is your best option in my opinion O_o
Back to top View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Arctic
-

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/

Wikipedia uses this engine. I highly suggest starting a Wiki, it shows the community that you trust them, and you may see a traffic increase. After all, it's good for tutorials, definitions, news, anything really...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: