asp no connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
max_carpenter
-

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: asp no connection Reply with quote

Hi, I have installed asp useing the instructions on aprelium help. A very helpful person has set up a really good picture and news database for me that works perfect on his site. When I copied everything over to my site the pages with the databases in tried to download instead of displaying. I opened abyss consol and in scripting parameters it only has extension of asa which is what aprelium told me. So I tried adding asp and now when I try the page it comes up with no connection to the database. What is wrong?

www.dogmad.co.uk/database

M.Carpenter
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: asp no connection Reply with quote

max_carpenter,

The page gives the following error:

Code:

Active Server Pages- Error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/database/index_body.asp, line 1

The Include file 'C:\WWW\max\_Includes\connection.asp' was not found.

So do you have a file in C:\WWW\max\_Includes\connection.asp? If not, check the paths in your script and possibly check the installation path of your files (the script files).
max_carpenter
-

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: All sorted Reply with quote

I found the problem thanks. That was part of it.
Thanks
M.Carpenter

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angelina_Apr
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: asp no connection Reply with quote

It seems that you try to use ASP on Linux Server. Do not do so, it wont work, even your server may claim that it supports ASP. If you use Linux Server and you want to use database, always use PHPMySQL version. Read "Introduction to PHP and MySQL" and "Connection Properties" in the help file first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: