Promted for Username and Password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberfelix
-

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Promted for Username and Password Reply with quote

Everytime I try to view my site, no matter what settings I have changed, I am prompted for my Abyss Web Server Console username and password. (Unless I already entered it, then it just goes straight to the Console). A friend of mine one state over has been trying to help me with this and when she views my site it times out or says "you are not authorized to view this page".

I am using XP
a Linksys Router WRT54G
My IP, currently is 24.127.132.35
Port 80 is forwarded.
If I use ANY OTHER PORTS it has a listening problem like my little sister.
I set up a static IP (192.168.1.240) in Windows to work with forwarding for the router, still no luck.

If you would like to contact me via Yahoo! messenger my id is felixarizona just let me know why you are contacting me.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Promted for Username and Password Reply with quote

cyberfelix wrote:
Everytime I try to view my site, no matter what settings I have changed, I am prompted for my Abyss Web Server Console username and password. (Unless I already entered it, then it just goes straight to the Console). A friend of mine one state over has been trying to help me with this and when she views my site it times out or says "you are not authorized to view this page".

You are asked for your password because you are accessing the console URL. Please double-click on the Abyss Web Server icon in the system tray (near the Windows clock) and in the displayed window, select Host > Default Host on Port ** > Browse to see your web site or use the web site URL as displayed in this window (notice that there are 2 URLs: the local web site URL and the local console URL).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: