Force Frame

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiXx
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Force Frame Reply with quote

Hello, im having a little problem, IS there a way to force abyss to redirect back too webroot what ever page you try to view like /something/index.html ?

And is there a way to force a frame thing over all the pages displayed by the server? so that i can add a small thing at the bottom of every viewed page?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a redirect in a meta tag on the page you want to redirect from. Search goole for "meta redirect".

The only way I can think of you doing the second question is to use a frameset which loads on the first page of the site. This isnt the most effective solution though. Im sure there are better ways.
SpiXx
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the first thing is solved but still I need something better too force a frame over all pages in the server, but it must be possible? right?
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to do it is to make the first page on your site use a frame set. I wouldnt know how to force it. I think aprelium have a feature similar to this on their to-do list. It was requested some time last year.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Force Frame Reply with quote

SpiXx wrote:
Hello, im having a little problem, IS there a way to force abyss to redirect back too webroot what ever page you try to view like /something/index.html ?

And is there a way to force a frame thing over all the pages displayed by the server? so that i can add a small thing at the bottom of every viewed page?

This cannot be enforced by the server. But you can add in each of your pages a small Javascript script that will check for the presence of frames. If it does not find them, it will redirect the browser the the main page: to learn how to do it, please read http://javascript.about.com/library/blframe.htm .
SpiXx
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the anwsers but im hosting a smaller site next to my own, and i want that to have a frame, you dont know any java script that fixes that?
ps, no redirect to main...
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiXx wrote:
Thx for the anwsers but im hosting a smaller site next to my own, and i want that to have a frame, you dont know any java script that fixes that?

We're a bit lost here: do you want frames or do you already have frames and want to force their use (if this is the case, please see the link we posted in our previous reply: it points to a sample Javascript code to use.)
SpiXx
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, i meant i want the frames to be forced whatever there are frame or not on the page that is affected. im running a little free hosting and i want too have a small menu that belongs to me above all the pages that others have done.

hope that clear things up :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: