moving the cgi-bin?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m7d7g7
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: moving the cgi-bin? Reply with quote

hey...i have Abyss WebServer installed in c:\server. i moved all of my webpages into c:\server\site\ (for security reasons...this is the new root) and i moved my CGI scripts into \site\cgi-bin\ but im not sure what to configure because when i call up a cgi script it says not found. so i assume it's looking in the old directory of c:\server\cgi-bin. how would i change this?

thanks,
mike :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: moving the cgi-bin? Reply with quote

m7d7g7 wrote:
hey...i have Abyss WebServer installed in c:\server. i moved all of my webpages into c:\server\site\ (for security reasons...this is the new root) and i moved my CGI scripts into \site\cgi-bin\ but im not sure what to configure because when i call up a cgi script it says not found. so i assume it's looking in the old directory of c:\server\cgi-bin. how would i change this?

thanks,
mike :)

You should change the the cgi-bin alias to point to your new directory. Open the console , go to Server Configuration > Advanced > Aliases. Edit the /cgi-bin alias and change its real path. Press OK and Restart. That's it.
m7d7g7
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice! thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: