CGI scripts stop running after while

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siric
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: CGI scripts stop running after while Reply with quote

Hi,

I have some cgi scripts which generate html pages. Every 8 hours or so, the cgi scripts no longer generate the html pages and I have to reboot the PC - shutting down the web server and restarting does not work.

The strange thing is that I have php and other html pages that still run ok. I double checked the CGI setup tasks and they are all correct.

Any ideas??

Thanx
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i understand correctly yuoir cgi works fine, i think your "bug" is in your script, if you downloaded the script there might be some "hidden" rules in it, like auto stop in 8 hours... I don´t know CGI, but the functions are there in PHp.. i suggest you check your code first, if you made the code yourself and you know you didnt put any time limit or something in, then it might help uninstalling abyss webserver, then reboot then download and install abyss, cgi and all your stuff again
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Let me clarify a bit - I wrote the script myself and there are no timeouts etc. The script simply reads a text file and follows some conditions (if-then-else) to display a web page.

Thanx
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siric wrote:
Hi,

Let me clarify a bit - I wrote the script myself and there are no timeouts etc. The script simply reads a text file and follows some conditions (if-then-else) to display a web page.

Thanx

The problem may have various reasons but the web server isn't to blame since it is still working even if your script stops. In order to help you, can you post here your script or send it to us at support@aprelium.com (just remind us about the problem.) to do some stress test on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: