Bandwidth Murder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mafiakid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Bandwidth Murder Reply with quote

I'm running Abyss X1 from my home system which is connected to a NTL cable modem running at 600Kbps but It really drains my bandwidth my friend also runs a server and gains more traffic yet he hardly notices the bandwidth loss caused from running a server, is the any ways of setting the server up so this dopesn't happen in future.
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn´t take so much bandwith, it doesn´t here on my 3mb/s connection :roll: Maybe everybody wants to visit your site, if you told a lot of ppl about it and they all visit your website, you get this problem(which probably isnt the problem though) Try out with your seerver, change ports, see logs, etc etfc, lots to check :-)
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bandwidth Murder Reply with quote

Mafiakid wrote:
I'm running Abyss X1 from my home system which is connected to a NTL cable modem running at 600Kbps but It really drains my bandwidth my friend also runs a server and gains more traffic yet he hardly notices the bandwidth loss caused from running a server, is the any ways of setting the server up so this dopesn't happen in future.

The server is idle until someone asks connects to it. When idle, it does not use your bandwidth. When connected to, it uses it to transfer data (which is why a server exists.)
So if your bandwidth is "lost". That means that people are accessing to your server. Refer to log/access.log file to see who is accessing to your site and how much they download files from you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: