error messages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: error messages Reply with quote

I want to put some error messages on but i dont have the slightest idea of what to do, like where they have to go and stuff like that i have read the help file on it and dont understand. Can anyone help?
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first always read this page http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/index.html i recommend... it says about everything what to do, really useful what to do by making your own error page (e.g. 404 error[page not found]), read http://127.0.0.1:<your_console_port>/doc/serveradvanced.html#CUSTOMERRORS
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: error messages Reply with quote

dan wrote:
I want to put some error messages on but i dont have the slightest idea of what to do, like where they have to go and stuff like that i have read the help file on it and dont understand. Can anyone help?

Here is a typical case: You want to have your custom 404 error page.
First of all, use your HTML editor to create such a page. Save it as my404.html for example and put it in your htdocs/ directory.
Now open the console and go to Server Configuration > Advanced > Custom Error Pages.
Press add, enter 404 in the Error code field and /my404.html in the associated URL field.
Press OK, and then press restart. That's it.
You can do the same for other errors. You can also read the documentation section related to the custom error pages for more information.
!Keys
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: error messages Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
dan wrote:

Here is a typical case: You want to have your custom 404 error page.
First of all, use your HTML editor to create such a page. Save it as my404.html for example and put it in your htdocs/ directory.
Now open the console and go to Server Configuration > Advanced > Custom Error Pages.
Press add, enter 404 in the Error code field and /my404.html in the associated URL field.
Press OK, and then press restart. That's it.
You can do the same for other errors. You can also read the documentation section related to the custom error pages for more information.

you always know better :cry:

is it possible to use 404.PHP also?
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: error messages Reply with quote

!Keys wrote:
is it possible to use 404.PHP also?

Yes, you can use anything the web server can display in normal time (cgi scripts, SSI pages, images, static html, whatever...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: