Too Many Parameters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
westsyde
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Too Many Parameters Reply with quote

After installing the latest version of ActivePerl on my base 98 system into C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\perl\bin\perl.exe i get an error at startup in DOS the reads "Too Many Parameters".
Install appears to be fine using C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
Can perl not be installed within the Aybss Directories?

Thanking you in advance...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Too Many Parameters Reply with quote

westsyde wrote:
After installing the latest version of ActivePerl on my base 98 system into C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\perl\bin\perl.exe i get an error at startup in DOS the reads "Too Many Parameters".
Install appears to be fine using C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
Can perl not be installed within the Aybss Directories?

Thanking you in advance...

Some installers on Windows 98 doesn't know how to correctly use file names with spaces. That's why you get this error with C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\perl and not with C:\Perl. Try using the short file name of Abyss Web Server directory when installing Perl (it should be something like abyssw~1, you can know it in the Properties of the Abyss Web Server directory in Windows explorer.)

By the way, we have received your email but we were unable to answer to because the email address is wrong ( From: westsyde@.SYNTAX-ERROR ).
You said in the email "I posted the following in the Perl forum yesterday and was wondering how long it generally takes to get an answer posted?". Well we generally answer to emails once a day but because we live in different time zones, this may be longer.
westsyde
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Thanks for the info Reply with quote

Cheers,

I followed your suggestion and installed perl in C:\progra~1\abyssw~1\perl and it resolved the parameter issue.

I will also check with my new additional ISP to see what is going on with my email address.

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: